Re: internet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TCEBob, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. TCEBob

    TCEBob Guest

    r.richey wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am having daily problems with my internet connection. The modem box
    > is hot and we have to unplug it and start over all the time to get an
    > internet connection. The message keeps coming up the server cannot be
    > found and error connecting

    You didn't say: is it a DSL or cable modem? Try resetting. pull the
    power cable and let it rest for 3 min.

    If that doesn't help it may be time for a new modem.

    You did use the manufacturer's transformer, didn't you? Using a 9vdc
    supply on a 6vdc appliance is a fine way to kill it.

    rs

    ps: several posters have had trouble seeing their messages. Sometimes it
    takes a while. After you send, have some patience. Go find a nice girl
    or boy, get married, raise brilliant kids, come back and synchronize.

    TCEBob, Aug 7, 2003