    No need to change Windows setting in order to install card. Check the Card's
    support site to make sure that you have the latest drivers.
    Since you might have already a failed installation check the Device Manger
    and get rid of the Ghost (if there is one.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 15, 2007

  2. Question for you... are you using any USB -to- PCMCIA adapter such as
    the one shown here:

    http://wireless-internet-broadband-service.com/usb-pcmcia-adapter.html

    ?

    Justin Brown - SYNACS, Jan 16, 2007

  3. That's not what I meant. I was asking about the one next to that "USB
    to PCMCIA Adapter Converter 32 Bit[...]" header. Sorry for the
    confusion =]

    Justin Brown - SYNACS, Jan 16, 2007
  4. Gotcha. The reason I ask is because the "Unknown USB device" message is
    a little funny. I've seen it before, but in you're case you're not
    using a USB device. Do you have any other PC Card devices (the credit
    card size ones, like this Kyocera) where you could confirm that your PC
    Card slot is functional?

    Justin Brown - SYNACS, Jan 17, 2007
  5. No, I don't. I have talked with several people & they all think that it's
    strange that it is reading it as a USB device.
    --
    kajones

    =?Utf-8?B?a2Fqb25lcw==?=, Jan 26, 2007