    how to keep my computer/ internet speed fast.

    Many thanks
    Kishan
    Kishan, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Kishan

    °Mike° Guest

    Safe Hex
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Safe Computing Guide
    http://www.trendmicro.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/safe_computing/
    http://www.trendmicro.com/en/security/general/guide/overview.htm

    Protect your PC
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/protect.asp

    Safe Computing Practice
    http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/safe2000.htm

    Safe Computing Practices (Safe Hex)
    http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtsafecompute.htm

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:33:24 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cpmmik$14p$>
    Kishan scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Kishan

    Kishan Guest

    Thankyou, the links are very useful.

    Kishan, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Kishan

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2004
  5. Kishan

    Eli Aran Guest

    A program called "NoAds" keeps a record of all the windows (by their names)
    you do not want to appear as popups. you just have to add those pop up
    windows you do NOT want to appear - to its "blacklist". be warned not to add
    browser pages without a name or only named "-" because this will block all
    other windows with the exact name (or "no-name")
    a program called "Popup Stopper" blocks **ALL** popup windows including
    those that you DO want to appeare in some sites unless you click the task
    bar icon of the prog "and put it to sleep". you can open the wanted popup
    windows that you need by pressing CTRL + the link/button to the new window
    without disfunctionning the prog.
    both are free but work in a diferent way. you need to decide which of them
    is less frustrating to you: updating the blacklist on every new popup or
    having to ctrl-click the link to get the window...
    my little advice is to avoid visiting websites that are known to flush tons
    of popups on you in the first place (such as wares sites, crack sites and
    porn sites).
    HTH
    Eli Aran, Dec 15, 2004
  6. Kishan

    °Mike° Guest

    Why are you replying to (telling) me this, with no quoted
    text?

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:36:00 +0200, in
    <>
    Eli Aran scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2004
  7. Kishan

    Eli Aran Guest

    i was adding my advice to the conversation. i was not particularly replying
    to YOU. kishan who initiated the thread with his question answered me by
    private email and i believe he was quite satisfied with my suggestions.
    why are you so ofensive and rude?
    BTW if you look one thread up you will find the quote to which i was
    replying.
    FWIW i was snipping the entire conversation to save space and supply a more
    esthetic reply of my own input.

    "°Mike°" <> ???
    ??????:...

    Eli Aran, Dec 15, 2004
  8. Kishan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:32:35 +0200, in
    <>
    Eli Aran scrawled:

    >i was adding my advice to the conversation.

    No you weren't, you were, in effect, talking to yourself.

    >i was not particularly replying to YOU.

    You highlighted my message before pressing reply, hence
    you were replying to me, as anybody reading the thread
    will see.

    >kishan who initiated the thread with his question answered
    >me by private email and i believe he was quite satisfied with
    >my suggestions.

    Big deal, and irrelevant.

    >why are you so ofensive and rude?

    Where was I being "ofensive" (sic) or rude?

    >BTW if you look one thread up you will find the quote to which
    >i was replying.

    No, actually, one thread up is a topic with the title of:
    "drwtsn32 has trouble".

    >FWIW i was snipping the entire conversation to save space

    This is not a good idea. Only relevant (or irrelevant, whichever
    way you look at it) parts of a message should be snipped.

    >and supply a more esthetic reply of my own input.

    Snipping the whole text does not make for a more
    aesthetic look, but merely serves to confuse those
    who don't have the whole thread, and have absolutely
    no idea what you are talking about.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2004
  9. Kishan

    Eli Aran Guest

    ok, then, i have a SPECIFIC suggestion for YOU
    get a life and stop bugging me!
    snip snip

    "°Mike°" <> ???
    ??????:...

    Eli Aran, Dec 15, 2004
  10. Kishan

    Duck ducking Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 01:09:13 +0200, "Eli Aran"
    <> wrote:

    >ok, then, i have a SPECIFIC suggestion for YOU
    >get a life and stop bugging me!
    >snip snip

    Excuse me, don't mean to interfere, but was just curious as was snip
    snip a ritual castarating?? or not?
    Duck ducking, Dec 16, 2004
  11. Kishan

    °Mike° Guest

    That's not a question, and couldn't you come
    up with something better than "get a life"?

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 01:09:13 +0200, in
    <>
    Eli Aran scrawled:

    >ok, then, i have a SPECIFIC suggestion for YOU
    >get a life and stop bugging me!
    >snip snip

    <snip>

    --