Re: Internet on Laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by HLS, Feb 21, 2009.

  1. HLS

    HLS Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible to transmit the internet from a desktop computer to a
    > laptop wirelessly? If so what do I need?

    Wireless router is the answer, as others have said.

    Mine is a Linksys Wireless-G, 2.4 gigahertz. I looked at a lot of
    reviews before choosing this one. Not all routers are created equal,
    and some seem to be more troublesome than others.

    I have never had a problem with the Linksys unit, but that is not to
    say that you couldnt get a bad one.
    HLS, Feb 21, 2009