Re: internet explorer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rifleman, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    In article <6zKVa.4013$>,
    says...
    > when i am using internet on some pages
    > a message says internet explorer has a problem
    > and has to close i then have to close the error page
    > and web page goes to the start of computer
    > please could some one help
    > steve jordan

    use Mozilla.
    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jul 30, 2003

  2. rifleman <> wrote:

    >In article <6zKVa.4013$>,
    > says...
    >> when i am using internet on some pages
    >> a message says internet explorer has a problem
    >> and has to close i then have to close the error page
    >> and web page goes to the start of computer
    >> please could some one help
    >> steve jordan
    >>

    >use Mozilla.

    Very helpful.

    --

    "It's amazing I won. I was running against
    peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 1, 2003

  3. rifleman

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:40:51 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    wrote:

    > rifleman <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <6zKVa.4013$>,
    >> says...
    >>> when i am using internet on some pages a message says internet
    >>> explorer has a problem and has to close i then have to close the error
    >>> page and web page goes to the start of computer please could some one
    >>> help steve jordan
    >>>

    >>use Mozilla.

    > Very helpful.

    It is, 'cause Moz is a much better browser, more reliable, no ActiveX, no
    spyware toolbars, no drive-by downloads, no homepage-hijackers,
    popup killer built-in. See also Opera.

    --
    Paul S

    - "OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't TOUCH anything!" -

    paul s, Aug 1, 2003
  4. paul s <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 06:26:22 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    >wrote:
    >
    >> See also a shitload of alternative browsers, but the guy wants his IE
    >> fixing, n'est-ce pas?

    >Ask Microsoft for the bug fixes, and wait.

    Your tongue-in-cheek response is somewhat of a generalisation; I don't
    think that waiting for a bugfix is going to help the OP, as many peeps
    tanp currently utilise IE without the problems he describes. If it was
    a bug, one may assume that all other users would be similarly
    afflicted.

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 1, 2003
  5. paul s <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:13:20 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    >wrote:
    >
    >> paul s <> wrote:

    >>>Ask Microsoft for the bug fixes, and wait.

    >> Your tongue-in-cheek response is somewhat of a generalisation; I don't
    >> think that waiting for a bugfix is going to help the OP, as many peeps
    >> tanp currently utilise IE without the problems he describes. If it was a
    >> bug, one may assume that all other users would be similarly afflicted.

    >There's a bug in IE that's been known for two years by Microsoft and
    >what they done about it? sod all.
    >
    >This page WILL crash IE. Proceed at your own risk.
    >http://www.nerdsweb.com/crash-ie
    >All other browsers are OK with it, and just give a blank page.
    >
    >Only one line of HTML.
    >-----
    ><input type>
    >-----
    >That's all it takes to crash IE.
    >
    >See also the related 'begin ' bug in OE, Microsoft have also
    >known about this for two years.

    Perhaps the OP oughtta stop visiting _that_ site. Problem solved.

    >BTW what is 'tanp'?

    'There are no peeps'.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 2, 2003