Re: Internet Explorer stuck on page

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Nov 29, 2009.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    don wrote:
    > after a party my interent explorer

    Your IE what? 6, 7, 8? Running under what OS? XP, Vista, Win7?

    > is stuck on a porn site for its
    > homepage and even after going to Advance tab and pressing Reset it is
    > still stuck...........

    That isn't the way I would change my homepage, but that reset is
    allegedly supposed to restore the 'original' homepage, so you must have
    a browser hijack condition.

    > Can I use the winxp disk recovery mode to
    > reinstall internet explorer and fix what I beleive to be malicious
    > tampering on this pc due to people looking at porn during the party

    I would instead use some antimalware strategies, such as Malwarebytes.
    I wouldn't start jerking my system around while it is all contaminated.

    What is your current anti-malware armamentarium - software?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 29, 2009