Re: Internet explorer home page has mind of its own.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Oct 28, 2008.

  1. "Fred" <> wrote in

    > No matter what I do IE7 always opens at microsoft.com, since updating
    > and I have to click on icon to go to my chosen home page (google) Have
    > tried everything and checking on various sites find others have same
    > problem. Various solutions suggested, but haven't found anything that
    > works yet. Running XP. Any ideas? Normally use Firefox, but find IE
    > good for some applications.

    Post what you've already tried.

    IE Options | General tab | Home page field | http://www.google.com/

    or http://www.google.co.uk/ or http://www.google.co.nz/ or WTF-ever

    There is NO known exploit which hijacks IE to take you to microsoft.com...

    --

    I *am* Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and you *are* not!

    http://the-great-debate-of-2008.notlong.com/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Lhn6DD2wo

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 28, 2008

  2. Turn off tea timer its part of spybot.

    The Real Truth MVP, Oct 28, 2008