Re: Internet auctions

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Nov 19, 2008.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    apolitical wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any good internet auction sites apart from Trade Me
    >
    > Trade Me are now charging like the proverbial wounded bull and they
    > charge for everything.
    > When I started trading on Trade Me about 6 years ago the prices were
    > very reasonably, but not now.

    zillion

    webuy

    Both a joke and you will be lucky to sell anything on either.

    Richard, Nov 19, 2008

  2. Richard

    Your Name Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message news:gg0rdh$4kv$...
    > apolitical wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of any good internet auction sites apart from Trade Me
    > >
    > > Trade Me are now charging like the proverbial wounded bull and they
    > > charge for everything.
    > > When I started trading on Trade Me about 6 years ago the prices were
    > > very reasonably, but not now.

    > zillion
    > webuy
    >
    > Both a joke and you will be lucky to sell anything on either.

    There's at least half a dozen of them, but all of them are hopeless with
    tiny numbers of users. TradeMe captured the market.

    Your Name, Nov 19, 2008

  3. Richard

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Your Name" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message news:gg0rdh$4kv$...
    >> apolitical wrote:
    >> > Does anyone know of any good internet auction sites apart from Trade Me
    >> >
    >> > Trade Me are now charging like the proverbial wounded bull and they
    >> > charge for everything.
    >> > When I started trading on Trade Me about 6 years ago the prices were
    >> > very reasonably, but not now.

    >> zillion
    >> webuy
    >>
    >> Both a joke and you will be lucky to sell anything on either.

    > There's at least half a dozen of them, but all of them are hopeless with
    > tiny numbers of users. TradeMe captured the market.

    Buyers on trademe, IMO aren't after a bargain, they want to steal your
    stuff. I sold a bit of stuff on there before moving to aussie, I told one
    bloke I would burn the fucker in a paddock before I let him buy it for the
    pathetic offer he gave me. I think it was a bigarse corner computer/office
    desk he offered me 40 bucks for. Arsehole. Same went for most of the other
    stuff I sold on there. If I hadn't had a plane to catch i would have kept
    all of it.

    Tony in Oz, Nov 20, 2008