Re: Intel i7 950 3.06 GHz or "Intel i7 2600 Box Sandy Bridge?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Paul, Jan 10, 2011.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    tt wrote:
    > Hi, in Jenuary I will replace my old PC and I'd like to know your
    > suggestions. Is it better to buy a Intel i7 950 3.06 GHz or "Intel i7
    > 2600 Box Sandy Bridge? Which is faster without overclock?
    > I will make video editing.
    > thanks

    There is an article here. It's a long read.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/...core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/22

    Every new architecture has both positive and negative
    aspects. It depends on what is important to you as
    a user.

    The Sandy Bridge is socket LGA1155, a new socket and
    new motherboards. The other processor uses LGA1366,
    supports triple channel memory and up to six DIMMs.
    There are plenty of other differences as well. But
    the differences at the hardware level, don't show up
    in the Anandtech article. The LGA1366 system can
    still be overclocked, while the Sandy Bridge has
    fewer options of that type.

    Paul
    Paul, Jan 10, 2011