Re: Instant display of images on PC as I take them

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bill Hilton, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    The 10D ships with software and hardware that supposedly lets you do this. My
    wife has a 10D but we haven't actually tried this out so I can't comment on how
    hard it is.

    On your software CD look at the "Remote Capture 2.7.1", "Canon Camera Twain
    driver 5.1.0" and "Canon Camera WIA Driver 5.1.0" files and see what they do.
    This should be covered in the manual.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Bill Hilton

    AndyL Guest

    Bill Hilton wrote:
    > On your software CD look at the "Remote Capture 2.7.1", "Canon Camera

    Twain
    > driver 5.1.0" and "Canon Camera WIA Driver 5.1.0" files and see what they

    do.
    > This should be covered in the manual.

    Yes, Remote Capture could be what Neale's looking for I think - with the
    Powershot A70 it lets you adjust camera settings, see an on-screen
    viewfinder and capture shots directly to the PC.
    However the readme does say that you can't remotely adjust the shooting
    settings on an EOS D30, EOS-1D or EOS D60 (it doesn't mention the 10D at
    all).
    I'm pretty sure you can download it from Canon's web site if you can't find
    the CDs.

    ....Andy

    AndyL, Jul 25, 2003