    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny Cargill, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Kenny Cargill

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in
    news:bug1qh$h8krg$-berlin.de:

    > Planning on a clean format and re-install of XP. Should I delete and
    > re-create the "C" partition before formatting it. I seem to remember
    > just formatting before and having 2 XP's in the boot menu afterwards.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Kenny
    >
    > "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    It's the best thing to do. BTW, those entries you talk about above are in
    the boot.ini a (protected/hidden file) that can be exposed and edited with
    a text editor. Then all you need to do is delete the line that is invalid.
    This applies to any NT based O/S and the boot.ini file.

    The protection starts with the O/S.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp.php

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 19, 2004