Re: Installing pfm fonts to windows 98 help wanted

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Simpson, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Mike Simpson

    Mike Simpson Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi all again,
    >
    > I have an occasion to use a pfm font (news 705 bt). It installs into
    > my xp machine but doesn't install into any of my 98 machines. The
    > fonts on the cd do not show up in the install font menu.
    >
    > Any thoughts,
    >
    > Regards,
    > Huey

    pfm fonts are Postscript fonts. To use them in any version of Windows
    other than XP you need a prgram called Adobe Type Manager (Adobe invented
    Postscript). This costs, but I think you might track down a lite version
    for download. XP has Postscript support built in.
    Mike Simpson, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Mike Simpson

    Huey Guest

    Thank you Mike,

    This group has been a life saver for me.

    Huey

    Huey, Jul 3, 2003