Re: Installing/Converting Windows NT 4.0 Fat OS Onto NTFS HD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Howdy!

    "chino2" <> wrote in message
    > Hi-
    >
    > We're looking to take a Windows NT 4.0 OS currently on a 2 gig fat

    partition
    > and creat an image file out of it so as to place it on a 7.8 gig partition
    > on a 30 gig ntfs HD .. what is the best process by which to convert that

    NT
    > fat OS to ntfs? Must we do this before moving it over?
    > Your input would be much appreciated .. chino2 ..

    Convert to NTFS, then use DriveImage or Ghost to copy it.

    Do keep it to under 8G for the boot, though.

    Or copy it to 4G, then convert.

    Conversion software comes with NT 4.0. It's the rather obtuse

    CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS

    command, issued in a command window.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Ralph Wade Phillips

    chino2 Guest

    Thanks for your help .. we were able to resolve it by inputing the - convert
    c:/fs:ntfs command into the Run prompt .. as always .. we certainly were
    grateful for all of your responses .. chino2 ..

    chino2, Aug 7, 2003