Re: Installing/Converting Windows NT 4.0 Fat OS Onto NTFS HD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ilmc, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. ilmc

    ilmc Guest

    chino2 typed:
    > Hi-
    >
    > We're looking to take a Windows NT 4.0 OS currently on a 2 gig fat
    > partition and creat an image file out of it so as to place it on a
    > 7.8 gig partition on a 30 gig ntfs HD .. what is the best process by
    > which to convert that NT fat OS to ntfs? Must we do this before
    > moving it over?
    > Your input would be much appreciated .. chino2 ..

    Back it up to a tape, if you have one.
    Zip it to some CDs?
    You _don't_ want a image if moving from FAT to NTFS - just the data in a
    disk independent format.

    ilmc, Aug 7, 2003