Re: installed xp on hyper V but cannot install SP

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by PA Bear [MS MVP], Jul 24, 2009.

  1. [[Forwarded to Win64bit General via crosspost]]

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Jul 24, 2009

  2. Your post is a bit confusing. If you have XP Pro (32-bit) installed in
    Hyper-V then why would you be looking for an SP2 or SP3 for 64-bit?

    Assuming you're dealing with XP Pro (32-bit) what is the Service Pack
    level of your installation and what Service Pack are you attempting to
    install that won't install?

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 24, 2009

  3. You need to configure Hyper-V for a "legacy network adapter". This will
    enable networking, and you can download and install the SPs.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 24, 2009