RE: Installed Direct x 9 and most things crash now!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Luke O'Malley, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. I was installing the upgrades for Nero 6 and one of them said I should
    have Direct x 9 in order to work. I downloaded from Microsoft and
    installed it.

    Ouch!!!!

    When I boot I see the desk top and then a blue screen with info about
    some OE failure. Most of the time the desktop comes back. If I try to
    run a program, it usually works. If I try to use Explorer it crashes -
    most of the time it will not recover & I have to reboot.

    I tried to use the program installer; crash; reboot.

    Any ideas???
    --
    Goodwill,
    Luke
    ______ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
    / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \
    | O || | | | | | | | | || |
    | O || | | | | | | | | || |

    Luke O'Malley, Jan 19, 2004