    IE8 is already installed!) I've been fighting for 2 days now to
    install a trial download of Adobe software with absolutely nightmare
    of proceedures (for me any way!) Why won't it recognise the files?

    ShellP, Jul 13, 2009

  2. What Adobe software? There is more than one.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 13, 2009

  3. ShellP

    tsperling Guest

    I agree with Bobby - we need more detail. What are you downloading? From
    where? In general, the use of a 64bit system is not much different from any
    other. When the download begins, just accept the defaults and you should be
    rolling. Some installations can be confusing, but again - it's rarely the
    OS, but the Installer, doing things we mere mortals don't always understand
    at first.

    Tony. . .

    tsperling, Jul 13, 2009
  4. ShellP

    Kue2 Guest

    ShellP Hi!

    Try this right mouse button on the adobe application you wish to install. If
    you downloaded it first unblock it, then apply
    then run it as administrator. It should then install.

    Kue2, Jul 13, 2009
  5. I am curious because I'm not familiar with "unblock" a program. How do
    you unblock it?

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 13, 2009
  6. ShellP

    Jane C Guest

    Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > I am curious because I'm not familiar with "unblock" a program. How do
    > you unblock it?

    Right-click on the file, select Properties. Near the bottom on the
    General tab there is an "Unblock" button :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

    Jane C, Jul 13, 2009
  7. Thanks. I guess I never noticed that before.

    It's always a good day when your learn something new!

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 13, 2009
  8. P.S.

    I just check a couple of downloaded files and the 'unblock' is not in
    all of them. Any criteria related to whether it might/might not be there?

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 13, 2009
  9. ShellP

    Carlos Guest

    Hmmm...
    Cannot see the "unblock" thingie down here.
    Maybte it is aussie (Jane C) or canadian (Kue2) related?
    :)
    Or maybe latitude related?
    Well, time to hit the sack. Pink wine hits me hard.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 14, 2009
  10. ShellP

    XS11E Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:

    > Hmmm...
    > Cannot see the "unblock" thingie down here.
    > Maybte it is aussie (Jane C) or canadian (Kue2) related?
    >:)
    > Or maybe latitude related?
    > Well, time to hit the sack. Pink wine hits me hard.
    > Carlos

    I'm at 33.45 north (Phoenix, AZ) and have no "unblock" thingie on any
    of the files on my computer that I've checked so far. I've looked in
    my Windows XP Pro install, my Windows 7 64 bit install and my Vista 64
    bit install.

    Pink wine sounds YUCK! Sleep late, you'll probably have a headache
    when you wake up... :-(

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, Jul 14, 2009
  11. ShellP

    Bill Patten Guest

    Try downloading an MDB from the internet ( from MS for example) and then
    right click on it you should see the "blocked". It's a security thing and if
    you don't unblock it Access won't open it. I have seen it on downloaded exe
    files that are downloaded from the internet as well.

    Bill

    Bill Patten, Jul 14, 2009
  12. ShellP

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Don't know what YUCK may mean in English but after the red wine bottle was
    empty the only one left open was the one my wife had bought.
    So pink wine it was and at that alcoholic concentration in my blood it was
    as fine as red.
    :)
    Seriously (sort of) speaking, red wine is my favourite (I know Charlie likes
    white best) and it takes more that a single bottle to spoil an argentineans
    sleep!
    Hic, hic, hic.
    If you ever come down here I will show you what a 10 bucks bottle tastes like.
    You will dump California wines for good (no ofense, uh?)

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 14, 2009