Re: Insanity

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jenn, Jan 1, 2011.

  1. Jenn

    Jenn Guest

    SeaNymph wrote:
    > "Jenn" <> wrote in message
    >> Dustin wrote:
    >>> "Jenn" <> wrote in news:iflmrb$fkt$1

    >>> Don't you see a problem with perpetuating stupidity Jenn? MSN abused
    >>> the terminology, and when you repeat that you were a sysop
    >>> (heheheh), you're only hurting yourself; others in the field will
    >>> see it for what it is and you'll just rightfully look stupid.

    >> Dustin ... I worked with a couple hundred other MSN Sysops. To deny
    >> what we did in our field would be to also lessen what they did, too.
    >> I won't do that. I am not saying anything to lessen what others did
    >> simply because I won't lessen what I and my colleagues did.......

    > That's simply not true.

    You're wrong again...

    > You did what you were told to do and you did
    > it for MS who gave you a title that was meaningless in the real
    > world. None of this conversation has ever had anything to do with
    > what people incorrectly called sysops did for MS. They did what they
    > did, they should have been given a title that adequately reflected
    > that.

    Dustin's sysop work was the definition #1 ... MSN sysops are definition #2 &

    A sysop an abbreviation of system operator) is an administrator of a
    multi-user computer system, such as a#1. bulletin board system (BBS) or an
    #2. online service virtual community. It may also be used to refer to
    administrators of other #3.Internet-based network services.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sysop

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Jan 1, 2011