Re: Infections

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by my, Jan 23, 2010.

  1. my

    my Guest

    LOL some outsiders can see everything on your Macs.

    "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    FYI

    All my old data files were recently moved onto my external hard drive -
    by feeding CD's, which I've made over many years, into my iMac and then
    files saved in bulk to my MacBook (Western Digital).

    Because I've always understood that a 'virus' (in the loosest possible
    term) was unlikely to affect my OS X machine, I've not been too bothered
    about 'safety', but I did reconsider recently. ;)

    So I've installed ClamAv - and run comprehensive scans both on my iMac
    itself and also, in particular, on my external drive (MacBook) .

    Here's a shot of part of what was found in my first scan:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/zxk5js.jpg

    90 items in all were found (the same malware that you see in the
    screenshot, but in different files)

    I'd be most interest to hear any comments about the possible effects
    this malware might have had.

    All items have now been deleted, btw!

    --
    Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill)

    my, Jan 23, 2010