    document (or music or picture or anything).

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 20, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> ~BD~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> All my old data files

    >> What does 'old data files' mean in this context?; ie why would a mac
    >> user be wanting to save as a 'data file' a windows executable or an
    >> .emix file?

    Maybe you should read my question again.

    > It's simply everything I've ever saved on CD's from my old computers -
    > there were well over 7000 photographs as a starter! Anything and
    > everything - letters , spreadsheets, expenses forms, car info. and
    > suchlike.

    That answer is unresponsive to my question. Those 'things' aren't .emix
    or .exe files.

    My understanding is that an .emix file is a Mac email file and we all
    know that an .exe is a Windows executable.

    So why would you intentionally be selecting such a file to save when you
    are trying to save items like you describe above?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 20, 2010

  3. From: "Mike Easter" <>

    | ~BD~ wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> What does 'old data files' mean in this context?; ie why would a mac
    >>> user be wanting to save as a 'data file' a windows executable or an
    >>> .emix file?

    | Maybe you should read my question again.

    >> It's simply everything I've ever saved on CD's from my old computers -
    >> there were well over 7000 photographs as a starter! Anything and
    >> everything - letters , spreadsheets, expenses forms, car info. and
    >> suchlike.

    | That answer is unresponsive to my question. Those 'things' aren't .emix
    | or .exe files.

    | My understanding is that an .emix file is a Mac email file and we all
    | know that an .exe is a Windows executable.

    | So why would you intentionally be selecting such a file to save when you
    | are trying to save items like you describe above?

    | --
    | Mike Easter

    I laughing Mike and BoaterDave's expense :)

    --
    Dave
    David H. Lipman, Jan 21, 2010
  4. David H. Lipman, Jan 21, 2010