Re: Indexing Service

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Urp, <>, wrote:

    > One of the first things I did when I got XP was turn off the
    > resource-hogging shite known as the Indexing Service.
    >
    > So: if I have the Indexing Service turned off, how is it that when I
    > looked at the properties of some files on my hard drive they had the
    > "For fast searching, allow Indexing Service to index this file"
    > attribute ticked? (Right-click file name in Explorer: click
    > properties | General tab | Attributes| click Advanced button.) Not
    > all of them, but fucking loads of the bastards had it set, and it
    > took ages for the poor old PC to go through and change the attributes
    > of each file.
    >
    > I double-checked in Services.msc that I had disabled Indexing Service
    > and, sure enough, it says "Disabled" next to it. Cisvc.exe is not
    > listed as a running process in the task manager. So what's going on?
    > It looks like Micro$hit is doing its best to keep a copy of parts of
    > your files hidden away from you on your hard drive and without your
    > permission. Anyone got an idea or, failing that, a spare tinfoil hat?
    >
    > (Content indexing... Yeah. Right. And while on this subject, I still
    > haven't seen an answer from Microsoft as to why they go to all the
    > trouble to record sites you visit with Internet Explorer in a hidden
    > file called index.dat even after you tell Internet Explorer to delete
    > your History... (Yet another reason to not use Microsoft's buggy and
    > security-lapse-prone piece of shit.) Seriously, what the **** is
    > Microsoft up to? Any answers, St Gates? Mr Baalmer? Anyone?)

    You completely useless ****. The indexing service reads the attribute. If
    the indexing service is turned off... fucking DUH!

    PS: You need a new tinfoil hat. The one you have now is covered in scorch
    marks from the splattering fat.

    --
    G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
    fuckwit, not just on usenet, but in in real

    Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    Urp Guest

    Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus wrote:

    > You completely useless ****.

    LOL! That may well be true. However, a long time ago I changed the
    attributes on these very files to uncheck the "Allow fast fucking
    annoying crap to **** around with my files". My gripe is that some
    cunting thing or other seems to have changed this again--even though the
    Indexing Service is off.

    > PS: You need a new tinfoil hat. The one you have now is covered in scorch
    > marks from the splattering fat.

    Hmmm. So it is. I just had fried egg, chips and sausages for lunch.

    Urp, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    Urp Guest

    Urp wrote:

    > I just had fried egg, chips and sausages for lunch.

    And beans.

    Urp, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Urp, <>, wrote:

    > Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus wrote:
    >

    >> You completely useless ****.

    > LOL! That may well be true. However, a long time ago I changed the
    > attributes on these very files to uncheck the "Allow fast fucking
    > annoying crap to **** around with my files". My gripe is that some
    > cunting thing or other seems to have changed this again--even though
    > the Indexing Service is off.

    It is the default behaviour for certain types of files to set the attribute.
    If the indexer is off, it's not going to get read anyway.

    >> PS: You need a new tinfoil hat. The one you have now is covered in
    >> scorch marks from the splattering fat.

    > Hmmm. So it is. I just had fried egg, chips and sausages for lunch.

    I have an acquaintance who collapsed suddenly and was taken to hospital
    whereupon the doctors accused his wife of trying to kill him. The fat from
    the fried egg, chips and sausages had coagulated on the surface of the
    contents of his stomach and solidified, trapping gas below and digestive
    acid above. I have hope for you. Really, I do.

    Beringion Kongjuensis Shermanii, Jan 27, 2005
  5. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    Urp Guest

    Beringion Kongjuensis Shermanii wrote:

    > I have an acquaintance who collapsed suddenly and was taken to hospital
    > whereupon the doctors accused his wife of trying to kill him. The fat from
    > the fried egg, chips and sausages had coagulated on the surface of the
    > contents of his stomach and solidified, trapping gas below and digestive
    > acid above. I have hope for you. Really, I do.

    Judging by the enormous belch that just sprang forth from my gut and
    reverberated around the walls of my office, you shouldn't let your hopes
    get too high.

    Urp, Jan 27, 2005
  6. Urp, <>, wrote:

    > Beringion Kongjuensis Shermanii wrote:
    >
    >> I have an acquaintance who collapsed suddenly and was taken to
    >> hospital whereupon the doctors accused his wife of trying to kill
    >> him. The fat from the fried egg, chips and sausages had coagulated
    >> on the surface of the contents of his stomach and solidified,
    >> trapping gas below and digestive acid above. I have hope for you.
    >> Really, I do.

    > Judging by the enormous belch that just sprang forth from my gut and
    > reverberated around the walls of my office, you shouldn't let your
    > hopes get too high.

    It's just a minor fracture. Have a hot cup of tea.

    Exidiopsis Lacusrosei, Jan 27, 2005
  7. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    chrisv Guest

    Urp wrote:

    >(snip)

    *plonk*

    chrisv, Jan 27, 2005
  8. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    Urp Guest

    chrisv wrote:
    > Urp wrote:
    >
    >>(snip)

    > *plonk*

    Hey, chris, why do you always plonk in bold? What about italics,
    /plonk/, for a change? Or bold italics?

    Urp, Jan 27, 2005
  9. Urp, <>, wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >> Urp wrote:
    >>
    >>> (snip)

    >> *plonk*

    > Hey, chris, why do you always plonk in bold? What about italics,
    > /plonk/, for a change? Or bold italics?

    He's not actually plonking. He's a newsgroup flooding troll.

    Lithocarpus Limnaeus, Jan 27, 2005
  10. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    Urp Guest

    Lithocarpus Limnaeus wrote:
    > Urp, <>, wrote:
    >
    >>chrisv wrote:

    >>>*plonk*

    >>Hey, chris, why do you always plonk in bold? What about italics,
    >>/plonk/, for a change? Or bold italics?

    > He's not actually plonking. He's a newsgroup flooding troll.

    Ah. And there was me thinking he must have the biggest krillfile on usenet.
    (Results 1 - 10 of about 720 for "*plonk*" author:chrisv)

    Urp, Jan 27, 2005
  11. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    deviance Guest

    As Del would say http://homepage.ntlworld.com/plonker.mp3 :)

    deviance, Jan 27, 2005
  12. Oscillatoriales Quamash Montana Frogvirus

    deviance Guest

    deviance wrote:
    > Urp wrote:
    >
    >> Lithocarpus Limnaeus wrote:

    >>> He's not actually plonking. He's a newsgroup flooding troll.

    >> Ah. And there was me thinking he must have the biggest krillfile on
    >> usenet.
    >> (Results 1 - 10 of about 720 for "*plonk*" author:chrisv)

    Correction :) :)

    As Del would say http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nitrouk/plonker.mp3 :)

    deviance, Jan 27, 2005