Re: Index.dat file in cookies folder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Slumpy, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Slumpy

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as pantsonfire continued:

    > I've been trying to get rid of this file for a while but it just wont
    > go. Tried deleting it :cannot delete index:access denied,make sure
    > the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently
    > in use....grrr
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas what it is and if it is safe to just leave it
    > alone

    If you want, you can clean it using spider (and spiderbite) from
    www.fsm.nl/ward - it deletes all the web addresses on your system :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Slumpy

    JM Guest

    Slumpy wrote:
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as pantsonfire continued:

    >>I've been trying to get rid of this file for a while but it just wont
    >>go. Tried deleting it :cannot delete index:access denied,make sure
    >>the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently
    >>in use....grrr

    >>Anyone got any ideas what it is and if it is safe to just leave it
    >>alone

    > If you want, you can clean it using spider (and spiderbite) from
    > www.fsm.nl/ward - it deletes all the web addresses on your system :)

    Even in text files and cardfiles and databases or just browsers ?

    JM

    JM, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Slumpy

    rifleman Guest

    In news:bd70pp$ovk1m$,
    Slumpy <> addressed his navel and typed:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as pantsonfire
    > continued:
    >
    >> I've been trying to get rid of this file for a while but it just wont
    >> go. Tried deleting it :cannot delete index:access denied,make sure
    >> the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently
    >> in use....grrr
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas what it is and if it is safe to just leave it
    >> alone

    > If you want, you can clean it using spider (and spiderbite) from
    > www.fsm.nl/ward - it deletes all the web addresses on your system :)

    Link is inactive.

    rifleman, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Slumpy

    JM Guest

    Slumpy wrote:
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as pantsonfire continued:
    >

    >>I've been trying to get rid of this file for a while but it just wont
    >>go. Tried deleting it :cannot delete index:access denied,make sure
    >>the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently
    >>in use....grrr
    >>
    >>Anyone got any ideas what it is and if it is safe to just leave it
    >>alone

    > If you want, you can clean it using spider (and spiderbite) from
    > www.fsm.nl/ward - it deletes all the web addresses on your system :)

    Hold on, did that link work at one point ?

    JM

    JM, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Slumpy

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as rifleman continued:

    > In news:bd70pp$ovk1m$,
    > Slumpy <> addressed his navel and typed:
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as pantsonfire
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> I've been trying to get rid of this file for a while but it just
    >>> wont go. Tried deleting it :cannot delete index:access denied,make
    >>> sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not
    >>> currently in use....grrr
    >>>
    >>> Anyone got any ideas what it is and if it is safe to just leave it
    >>> alone

    >> If you want, you can clean it using spider (and spiderbite) from
    >> www.fsm.nl/ward - it deletes all the web addresses on your system :)

    > Link is inactive.

    Oh dear. http://www.a1b2c3.com/free/comp01.htm :)
    Not my fault if the creator's site died ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 23, 2003