Re: incorrect URL

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I would love to know if this is possible aswell... Hate the MSN search thing

    Andrew, Aug 4, 2003

  2. "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > I would love to know if this is possible aswell... Hate the MSN search

    thing

    > "John Hornblow" <> wrote in message
    > > hi
    > > If I enter an incorrect URL in IE6 it attempts to search MSN..
    > > Can I change that to google in the registry?
    > > Anyone know the key?

    Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Search From The Address Bar -> Do
    not search from the Address bar
    David Hallett, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Andrew

    T.N.O Guest

    "David Hallett" wrote
    | Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Search From The Address Bar -> Do
    | not search from the Address bar

    yeah thats how to disable it, but how to change it to Google rather than
    MSN?
    T.N.O, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Andrew

    TEX Guest

    T.N.O wrote:

    > "David Hallett" wrote
    > | Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Search From The Address Bar -> Do
    > | not search from the Address bar
    > |

    > yeah thats how to disable it, but how to change it to Google rather than
    > MSN?

    IEAK from the microsoft site. There are also some tweaks on
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm.

    TEX
    TEX, Aug 4, 2003