Re: ? Inaccurate color reproduction using scanner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    No colour space will display the full range of the visible spectrum.
    The RGB colour space is no different. You will notice this effect at
    the ends of the spectrum mostly, ie. in the Blues, Reds and sometimes
    the Greens. It is not the scanner that is not capable of recording the
    detail, it is just that the detail scanned is then converted into the
    RGB colourspace, so it can be displayed on the monitor, that may not
    be able to reproduce the Blue tones of the original.
    The colour space will be further compressed when converted to CMYK for
    printing, this will really kill the Blues!

    Tim, Jul 11, 2003