Re: ? Inaccurate color reproduction using scanner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "Jean" <> wrote in message

    | Be sure to calibrate your monitor so that it is not a source of color
    error.
    | Cailbration requires setting the black point for your monitor, setting the
    | overall gamma (gray scale), and then fine-tuning the latter by removing
    | color casts (ie, by adjusting each color channel -red, green, and blue).
    | Unfortunately, I don't have any links handy to give you. If you do a
    search
    | you can easily find out more than you ever wanted to know about
    | calibration...
    |
    | Jean

    I don't believe the monitor is the source of the color error I viewed the
    pics on three different monitors, one being an LCD and the color is
    virtually the same on all of them. Some with a richer view than the
    other,but all were emerald blue..
    Mark, Jul 11, 2003