Re: In what newsgroup can phots be shared?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jon Bell, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Jon Bell

    Jon Bell Guest

    In article <nOf4b.9883$>,
    Kipling <> wrote:
    >?????

    alt.binaries.pictures.*

    Pick the group that matches the subject of your pictures, or use
    a.b.p.misc if none of them matches.

    Of course, it would probably be more convenient for your viewers to put
    the pictures on a Web server, and post URLs. You don't have to create any
    Web pages at all. Just upload the pictures and post URLs like

    <http://www.yaddayadda.com/~joeblow/somethingcool.jpg>

    --
    Jon Bell <> Presbyterian College

    Jon Bell, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Jon Bell

    Marli Guest

    Most binary image newsgroups and porn related. Best to post a link, most
    ISP's would give you some space to upload to. You can even use MSN, Yahoo
    and sites like that.

    Marli, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Jon Bell

    Eigenvector Guest

    "Marli" <> wrote in message news:3f51a11f$...
    > Most binary image newsgroups and porn related. Best to post a link, most
    > ISP's would give you some space to upload to. You can even use MSN, Yahoo
    > and sites like that.

    Not sure what the attraction is (well I know what the attraction is, but
    let's not get off on a tangent) but even my picture host site is beginning
    to draw softcore advertisers. And let's face it, considering the plethora
    of spammers lately even the non binary newsgroups are beginning to crowd
    into the porn arena.

    Like I keep saying, to post in a newsgroup you should be required to post
    your real name, current address, and photo ID. But I'll let someone else be
    the first to do that...

    Eigenvector, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Jon Bell

    Mikey Guest

    Kipling loudly proclaimed to the world that:

    > Thats ok, I found a good one.
    >
    > alt.binaries.photos.original

    I'm late, but you found the right one, that's a great group, no porn, happy
    people, I have no problems sending my kids there to look at things.
    See you there
    --

    Mikey
    http://www.mike721.com