Re: In the US...after the debate is over

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > Regarding health care:
    > When all the debate is over...here is what the new health care system
    > will provide:
    > NOTHING
    > except:
    > and extra half-inch of padding in your coffin !
    > (enjoy)

    Never use it so who cares.
    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    > On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:46:31 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >>> Regarding health care:
    >>> When all the debate is over...here is what the new health care system
    >>> will provide:
    >>> NOTHING
    >>> except:
    >>> and extra half-inch of padding in your coffin !
    >>> (enjoy)

    >> Never use it so who cares.

    > You never use your coffin?
    >
    > :)

    No, it's been sitting out in the barn for over 65 years. I got a
    hell of a good buy on it.

    OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    philo Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    >> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:46:31 -0600, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >>>
    >>> Never use it so who cares.

    >> You never use your coffin?
    >>
    >> :)

    > No, it's been sitting out in the barn for over 65 years. I got a hell
    > of a good buy on it.

    And some day

    you'll be getting a good-bye on it

    hope it's not too soon though!

    philo, Feb 27, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:18:01 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    >> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:46:31 -0600, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >>>
    >>> Never use it so who cares.

    >> You never use your coffin?
    >>
    >> :)

    > No, it's been sitting out in the barn for over 65 years. I got a hell
    > of a good buy on it.

    I suppose you go out there to check occasionally that some vampire hasn't
    taken up squatter's rights?

    --
    "The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
    this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the

    Aardvark, Feb 27, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:

    >>> You never use your coffin?
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >> No, it's been sitting out in the barn for over 65 years. I got a hell
    >> of a good buy on it.
    >>

    > And some day
    >
    > you'll be getting a good-bye on it
    >
    > hope it's not too soon though!

    Hell I can't afford to die. <g>

    OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    freemont Guest

    On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:19:11 -0600, philo writ:

    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    >>>
    >>> You never use your coffin?
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >> No, it's been sitting out in the barn for over 65 years. I got a hell
    >> of a good buy on it.
    >>

    > And some day
    >
    > you'll be getting a good-bye on it

    ta-ding!

    :-D
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    â‚ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:

    freemont, Feb 27, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
    > On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:18:01 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:

    >>> You never use your coffin?
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >> No, it's been sitting out in the barn for over 65 years. I got a hell
    >> of a good buy on it.

    > I suppose you go out there to check occasionally that some vampire hasn't
    > taken up squatter's rights?

    I haven't been in the barn since 1951, so have no idea.

    OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010
  8. OldGringo38 wrote:

    >> I suppose you go out there to check occasionally that some vampire
    >> hasn't taken up squatter's rights?
    >>

    > I haven't been in the barn since 1951, so have no idea.

    This barn ... does it still exist, or have the woodworms already consumed
    it together with the coffin?

    wisdomkiller & pain, Feb 27, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The wisdomkiller & pain Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:

    >>> I suppose you go out there to check occasionally that some vampire
    >>> hasn't taken up squatter's rights?
    >>>

    >> I haven't been in the barn since 1951, so have no idea.
    >>

    > This barn ... does it still exist, or have the woodworms already consumed
    > it together with the coffin?

    The barn is in tip top shape, I just don't go out there anymore. The
    whole place is very active, but I do not do any of the work.

    OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> I just don't go out there anymore

    > Hey, Old Gringo - you're talking near 60 years! ;)
    >
    > Tell us more about this story - I'm intrigued!
    >
    > If you can see it, can you take a photo and post it for all of us to
    > see? Please? (www.tinypic.com is useful for this I've found!)

    You can read all about it when the book goes on sale.

    OldGringo38, Feb 27, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    philo Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just don't go out there anymore

    >> Hey, Old Gringo - you're talking near 60 years! ;)
    >>
    >> Tell us more about this story - I'm intrigued!
    >>
    >> If you can see it, can you take a photo and post it for all of us to
    >> see? Please? (www.tinypic.com is useful for this I've found!)

    > You can read all about it when the book goes on sale.

    I am 60 years old and you kids don't know what it was like back in those
    days.

    Our family did not get a TV until I was 5 or 6 years old...
    it was B&W of course...and there was only *one* station in town.

    Hard to recall for sure...but I think it was only on the air from 6 am
    'til midnight

    They still had plenty of coal-powered steam locomotives in those days...

    FM radio was in it's infancy...
    heck our family got the TV before we even had an FM radio

    and records?

    78 rpm was considered "standard"

    One thing though: Human nature is still the same

    philo, Feb 27, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:

    >>> Hey, Old Gringo - you're talking near 60 years! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Tell us more about this story - I'm intrigued!
    >>>
    >>> If you can see it, can you take a photo and post it for all of us to
    >>> see? Please? (www.tinypic.com is useful for this I've found!)

    >> You can read all about it when the book goes on sale.
    >>

    > I am 60 years old and you kids don't know what it was like back in those
    > days.
    >
    > Our family did not get a TV until I was 5 or 6 years old...
    > it was B&W of course...and there was only *one* station in town.
    >
    > Hard to recall for sure...but I think it was only on the air from 6 am
    > 'til midnight
    >

    > They still had plenty of coal-powered steam locomotives in those days...
    >

    > FM radio was in it's infancy...
    > heck our family got the TV before we even had an FM radio
    >

    > and records?
    >
    > 78 rpm was considered "standard"
    >

    > One thing though: Human nature is still the same

    <
    <smiling> It appears as though you replied to my post, and not to
    bust your bubble, but I got you by 27 years. 78's were a 1/2" thick
    in my younger days, and played on a Columbia Windup. I think some of
    the older ones were 80Rpm, can't remember for sure.

    OldGringo38, Feb 28, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:

    >>> Hey, Old Gringo - you're talking near 60 years! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Tell us more about this story - I'm intrigued!
    >>>
    >>> If you can see it, can you take a photo and post it for all of us to
    >>> see? Please? (www.tinypic.com is useful for this I've found!)

    >> You can read all about it when the book goes on sale.

    > Hahaha! Don't leave it too long before you start to write it! ;)

    <g> It has been in the works for the past 18 years. Not to worry.

    OldGringo38, Feb 28, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The philo Post:

    >>> I am 60 years old and you kids don't know what it was like back in those
    >>> days.
    >>>
    >>> Our family did not get a TV until I was 5 or 6 years old...
    >>> it was B&W of course...and there was only *one* station in town.
    >>>
    >>> Hard to recall for sure...but I think it was only on the air from 6 am
    >>> 'til midnight
    >>>

    >>> They still had plenty of coal-powered steam locomotives in those days...
    >>>

    >>> FM radio was in it's infancy...
    >>> heck our family got the TV before we even had an FM radio
    >>>

    >>> and records?
    >>>
    >>> 78 rpm was considered "standard"
    >>>

    >>> One thing though: Human nature is still the same

    >> <
    >> <smiling> It appears as though you replied to my post, and not to bust
    >> your bubble, but I got you by 27 years. 78's were a 1/2" thick in my
    >> younger days, and played on a Columbia Windup. I think some of the
    >> older ones were 80Rpm, can't remember for sure.
    >>

    > Correct
    >
    > Not only do I have a house full of old tube radios
    > I also have a few "windup" record players...
    > and some of those records were 80 RPM
    >
    > (but I don't have any)
    >
    > The Pathe record player in my collection
    > has a swivel head and it can play not only the more common records with
    > the horizontally vibrating tracks...
    >
    > It can also play those rarer records which were recorded with
    > vertically vibrating tracks.
    >

    > I do not have any of those Edison cylinders though
    > and I have too much stuff in my collection to go looking for them :)
    >

    > I have digitally recorded most of my favorite 78's
    > so I don't have to wear them out any more

    The Great-grand kids get a kick out of the windup, I tell them it's
    the original compact disc player.
    After listing to todays technology I find it hard to imagine how
    the hell we enjoyed the windup, but we did. I have Pandora Internet
    radio streaming all over the house now and, never thought I would
    live to see the day. Have a good evening.

    OldGringo38, Feb 28, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > Steve wrote:
    >> I thought QueeQuag <sp?> had the ship's carpenter make the coffin and
    >> it was Ishmael that was saved.
    >>
    >> The gummint's going to give me a free hole in the ground and a flag
    >> to cover it.
    >>
    >> It only cost me 4 years of my life.
    >>
    >> Damn straight I'm gonna take 'em up on it.

    > I'm sure you are right.
    >
    > I read the book and saw the movie...
    > but that was 30 years ago

    The problem with literary references is of course that nobody actually
    knows what the **** the author was talking about in the first place.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:56:25 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:

    >>> Hey, Old Gringo - you're talking near 60 years! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Tell us more about this story - I'm intrigued!
    >>>
    >>> If you can see it, can you take a photo and post it for all of us to
    >>> see? Please? (www.tinypic.com is useful for this I've found!)

    >> You can read all about it when the book goes on sale.

    > Hahaha! Don't leave it too long before you start to write it! ;)

    Never read a book that the author wrote posthumously?

    Apparently the New Testament is sorta like that.

    Aardvark, Feb 28, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    ~BD~ <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > Aardvark wrote:
    >

    >> Never read a book that the author wrote posthumously?
    >>
    >> Apparently the New Testament is sorta like that.
    >>

    >:) ...... but that's not fiction! ;)

    As I wrote in another thread, age does not turn a myth into
    truth, not even in 1600 years.

    Mike "no eye witness were interviewed for that story" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Feb 28, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:37:38 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >

    >> Never read a book that the author wrote posthumously?
    >>
    >> Apparently the New Testament is sorta like that.
    >>

    > :) ...... but that's not fiction! ;)

    Oh, really?

    Aardvark, Feb 28, 2010