Re: in-camera charging

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by WP20032, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. WP20032

    WP20032 Guest

    >For those of you with cameras that require you to take the battery out and
    >put it into a charger, how much of an annoyance is this for you?

    I have a Nikon 880, and external charging has been no problem....with one
    exception. Sometimes at night, I put the battery in the charger and forget it
    until the next day. Then the camera has had time to "forget" all of the
    presets, and I have to go through that process of setting time/date, etc.
    Otherwise....no issue.
    --Wayne
    WP20032, Jul 10, 2003

  2. (WP20032) writes:

    >I have a Nikon 880, and external charging has been no problem....with one
    >exception. Sometimes at night, I put the battery in the charger and forget it
    >until the next day. Then the camera has had time to "forget" all of the
    >presets, and I have to go through that process of setting time/date, etc.

    This depends on the camera. It isn't a problem for the Canons, for
    example. Some Canons have a second battery, a lithium coin cell, which
    will keep the settings and power the clock for years without the main
    battery. Others have an internal rechargeable battery that won't last
    as long, but still far longer than overnight.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Jul 10, 2003