Re: in-camera charging

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael Meissner, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. "C3" <> writes:

    > For those of you with cameras that require you to take the battery out and
    > put it into a charger, how much of an annoyance is this for you? I'm
    > thinking of getting the Canon S400 because of its small size, but I'm
    > worried that because it's a small battery, I'll have to take it out quite
    > often when taking photos.
    >
    > This worries me a bit because it means extra wear and tear on the camera.
    >
    > What has your experience been?

    It depends on how many pictures you take during the day and how long your
    batteries last. I usually go through 2-3 sets of batteries (2 for the camera,
    1 for the flash if I'm doing flash pictures), and carry 6 sets of batteries
    with me. If you are only going to have 1 battery, then it doesn't make a
    difference if you use in camera charging or not, but if you are going to have a
    second battery, then you want out of camera charging (so you can be charging 1
    battery while shooting with another).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: