Re: Improve the quality of Usenet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Guest

You know i think it's the people who complain about other people faking their
    sigs that are the ones who are faking other peoples' sigs. For example Chuckcar
    always complains about other people faking his sigs yet we frequently see him on
    this newsgroup with plenty of replies. These people try to not make themselves
    look suspicious when in fact it is these very same people who are the sig
    fakers.

Billabong wrote:

> It is about some real criminals on the Usenet in "hr." domain, as described
    > www.disclaimer.hrvat.name same time ago, who are engaged in faking my sig
    > and the contents of my message; I would like to stop them, before I get too
    > angry and do something that we all would regret later; I do not want spent
    > my last dollar in order to find out their identities and deal with them
    > accordingly. I know already one person who assumes several nicks, but it may
    > be more than one. In case I would opt for that, then I would demand a firm
    > guarantee that they would NEVER AGAIN do anything like that to me ... and
    > probably to no one else. If I pay good dollar, the job must be perfectly
    > executed.
    > Here is what I think instead. There must be some software, or some tool
    > within the system in some browser (maybe even Outlook Express has it?), that
    > renders the original text once it is sent off, to "read only"; so, that the
    > text could be cut off if necessary, to save the bandwidth, but it contents
    > could not be altered.
    > Further, if the identification header would ALWAYS be there IN FULL. I know,
    > the answer is partly in moderating of the newsgroups, but this should entail
    > the possibility of prosecuting the offenders where no offender should appear
    > in the first place. Vigilance is the right word, but some are too scared of
    > it.
    > --
    > My disclaimer: http://tinyurl.com/y8fcpmp

--
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper
    manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    the job for potty mouth,

Hamster isn't a newsreader it's a mistake!

El-Gonzo Jackson FROGS both me and Chuckcar

Master Juba was a black man imitating a white man imitating a black man

Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the
    realm of understandability

Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday

Tony, Jan 8, 2010
    1. Advertising

2. In article <>,
    Tony <> wrote:
    >You know i think it's the people who complain about other people faking their
    >sigs that are the ones who are faking other peoples' sigs. For example Chuckcar
    >always complains about other people faking his sigs yet we frequently see him on
    >this newsgroup with plenty of replies. These people try to not make themselves
    >look suspicious when in fact it is these very same people who are the sig
    >fakers.

Dirty rotten web footed sig fakers.

>
    >Billabong wrote:
    >
    >> It is about some real criminals on the Usenet in "hr." domain, as described
    >> www.disclaimer.hrvat.name same time ago, who are engaged in faking my sig
    >> and the contents of my message; I would like to stop them, before I get too
    >> angry and do something that we all would regret later; I do not want spent
    >> my last dollar in order to find out their identities and deal with them
    >> accordingly. I know already one person who assumes several nicks, but it may
    >> be more than one. In case I would opt for that, then I would demand a firm
    >> guarantee that they would NEVER AGAIN do anything like that to me ... and
    >> probably to no one else. If I pay good dollar, the job must be perfectly
    >> executed.
    >> Here is what I think instead. There must be some software, or some tool
    >> within the system in some browser (maybe even Outlook Express has it?), that
    >> renders the original text once it is sent off, to "read only"; so, that the
    >> text could be cut off if necessary, to save the bandwidth, but it contents
    >> could not be altered.
    >> Further, if the identification header would ALWAYS be there IN FULL. I know,
    >> the answer is partly in moderating of the newsgroups, but this should entail
    >> the possibility of prosecuting the offenders where no offender should appear
    >> in the first place. Vigilance is the right word, but some are too scared of
    >> it.
    >> --
    >> My disclaimer: http://tinyurl.com/y8fcpmp

>
    >--
    >The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG
    >
    >Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city
    >
    >Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper
    >manners
    >
    >Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    >the job for potty mouth,
    >
    >Hamster isn't a newsreader it's a mistake!
    >
    >El-Gonzo Jackson FROGS both me and Chuckcar
    >
    >Master Juba was a black man imitating a white man imitating a black man
    >
    >Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the
    >realm of understandability
    >
    >Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday
    >
    >

--
    Master of Puppets We are all Rich Rosen
    DENSA Life Achievement ΓΈ Am I the only one with half a brain?

Mad as a Box of Frogs, Jan 8, 2010
    1. Advertising

3. Tony wrote:
    > You know i think it's the people who complain about other people faking their
    > sigs that are the ones who are faking other peoples' sigs. For example Chuckcar
    > always complains about other people faking his sigs yet we frequently see him on
    > this newsgroup with plenty of replies. These people try to not make themselves
    > look suspicious when in fact it is these very same people who are the sig
    > fakers.

Chuckcar makes that claim, though, to deflect against advice he finds
    out later is dumb or wrong.

n0i

thund3rstruck, Jan 8, 2010
    1. Advertising