Re: Image & Backup software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by doS, Jul 23, 2009.

  1. doS

    doS Guest

    Paragon 9.

    doS, Jul 23, 2009

  2. doS

    olfart Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Paragon 9.
    >
    > "Sarah Austin" <> wrote in message
    >> What do you folks think of the reviews at
    >> http://data-backup-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
    >>
    >> ?
    >>
    >> I'm using an old Norton Ghost disk now, but am interested in some good
    >> full disk image software to backup disk-disk.

    I've tried them all and depending on your O/S....or multiple O/S....they may
    or may not work.There is one that so far has made valid copies for me
    everytime....both a clone of my drive plus data backup. And it's freeware.
    Check out http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

    olfart, Jul 23, 2009

  3. doS

    Wao Guest

    > Is there free backup software that's GOOD and that I can set to backup
    > JUST by data directories from the old HD to this new USB HD, and maybe
    > save and update the config as I find more stuff that needs to migrate?

    You may want to try one of these:

    GFI Backup Home 2009
    http://www.gfi.com/backup-hm/free-backup-software

    SyncBackSE
    http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

    Both are freeware but I have not used them as yet. Please, post back your
    experience using those programs.

    Wao, Sep 6, 2009