Re: I'm too stupid for mailing lists.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Liam Slider, <>, the perspiring, scoundrelly mare,
    and robber who preys on public roads, contrived:

    > This is a lie.

    That lie is true.

    Proof. Given a computably generated set of axioms, let PROVABLE be the set
    of numbers to encode sentences that are provable from the given axioms.

    Let /s/ = any sentence
    Let /P/ - PROVABLE

    Let "This sentence is unprovable" be notionally equivalent to "This is a
    lie."

    Thus for any sentence /s/,

    1) < /s/ > is in /P/ iff /s/ is provable.

    Since the set of axioms is computably generable;

    So is the set of proofs which use these axioms;
    So is the set of provable theorems and hence;
    So is /P/, the set of encodings of provable theorems.

    Since computable implies definable in adequate theories, /P/
    can be defined. /P/ is definable.

    Let /s/ be the sentence "This sentence is unprovable".
    By Tarski, /s/ exists since it is the solution of:
    2) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/.
    Thus
    3) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/ iff /s/ is not provable.

    Applying excluded middle, /s/ is either true or false.

    If /s/ is false, then by 3), /s/ is provable.
    That is impossible because provable sentences are true.
    Thus /s/ is true.
    Thus by 3), /s/ is not provable.
    Hence /s/ is true but unprovable.

    For Tarski's Lemma, see
    http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#SelfReference
    Reference algorithm:
    http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#FirstIncompleteness
    Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae, Feb 5, 2005

  2. "Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae"
    <-encompassing-apprenticed-canker-blossom.org>
    wrote in message
    > Liam Slider, <>, the perspiring,
    > scoundrelly mare, and robber who preys on public roads, contrived:
    >

    >> This is a lie.

    > That lie is true.
    >
    > Proof. Given a computably generated set of axioms, let PROVABLE be
    > the set of numbers to encode sentences that are provable from the
    > given axioms.
    >
    > Let /s/ = any sentence
    > Let /P/ - PROVABLE
    >
    > Let "This sentence is unprovable" be notionally equivalent to "This
    > is a lie."
    >
    > Thus for any sentence /s/,
    >
    > 1) < /s/ > is in /P/ iff /s/ is provable.
    >
    > Since the set of axioms is computably generable;
    >
    > So is the set of proofs which use these axioms;
    > So is the set of provable theorems and hence;
    > So is /P/, the set of encodings of provable theorems.
    >
    > Since computable implies definable in adequate theories, /P/
    > can be defined. /P/ is definable.
    >
    > Let /s/ be the sentence "This sentence is unprovable".
    > By Tarski, /s/ exists since it is the solution of:
    > 2) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/.
    > Thus
    > 3) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/ iff /s/ is not provable.
    >
    > Applying excluded middle, /s/ is either true or false.
    >
    > If /s/ is false, then by 3), /s/ is provable.
    > That is impossible because provable sentences are true.
    > Thus /s/ is true.
    > Thus by 3), /s/ is not provable.
    > Hence /s/ is true but unprovable.
    >
    > For Tarski's Lemma, see
    > http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#SelfReference
    > Reference algorithm:
    > http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#FirstIncompleteness

    <% brill'>

    Now, that this is one poaster who cannot prove or disprove that that is a
    lie, that tells me this is only provable if that is used.

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, <>, the travel-stained,
    sapless clack-dish, and usher and door attendant, peeped:

    > "Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae"

    <-encompassing-apprenticed-canker-blos
    som.org>
    > wrote in message

    om
    >> Liam Slider, <>, the perspiring,
    >> scoundrelly mare, and robber who preys on public roads, contrived:
    >>

    >>> This is a lie.

    >> That lie is true.
    >>
    >> Proof. Given a computably generated set of axioms, let PROVABLE be
    >> the set of numbers to encode sentences that are provable from the
    >> given axioms.
    >>
    >> Let /s/ = any sentence
    >> Let /P/ - PROVABLE
    >>
    >> Let "This sentence is unprovable" be notionally equivalent to "This
    >> is a lie."
    >>
    >> Thus for any sentence /s/,
    >>
    >> 1) < /s/ > is in /P/ iff /s/ is provable.
    >>
    >> Since the set of axioms is computably generable;
    >>
    >> So is the set of proofs which use these axioms;
    >> So is the set of provable theorems and hence;
    >> So is /P/, the set of encodings of provable theorems.
    >>
    >> Since computable implies definable in adequate theories, /P/
    >> can be defined. /P/ is definable.
    >>
    >> Let /s/ be the sentence "This sentence is unprovable".
    >> By Tarski, /s/ exists since it is the solution of:
    >> 2) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/.
    >> Thus
    >> 3) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/ iff /s/ is not
    >> provable.
    >>
    >> Applying excluded middle, /s/ is either true or false.
    >>
    >> If /s/ is false, then by 3), /s/ is provable.
    >> That is impossible because provable sentences are true.
    >> Thus /s/ is true.
    >> Thus by 3), /s/ is not provable.
    >> Hence /s/ is true but unprovable.
    >>
    >> For Tarski's Lemma, see
    >> http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#SelfReference
    >> Reference algorithm:
    >> http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#FirstIncompleteness

    > <% brill'>
    >
    > Now, that this is one poaster who cannot prove or disprove that that
    > is a lie, that tells me this is only provable if that is used.

    This, that and the other don't give the retards as much trouble as these,
    those and them. You watch, if the snail is drawn out of the safety of its
    shell, which I doubt, it will shrivel up at the idea of "notionally
    equivalent".
    Turicibacter Mesophilum Cavourensis, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Why is this idiot still on this ng.

    campilobacter, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae

    Daniel R Guest

    "campilobacter" <> wrote in

    > Why is this idiot still on this ng.

    Which group?

    Posted to
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,alt.os.windows-
    xp,comp.os.linux.advocacy

    Daniel R, Feb 5, 2005
  6. campilobacter, <>, the transient, stone-deaf viper, and
    tenant of manorial land who pays rent by having homosexual sex with the
    landowner, grumbled:

    > Why is this idiot still on this ng.

    <aside>
    Good question. Why is that idiot still on this ng?
    Thauera Subcrinale, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae

    kier Guest

    campilobacter wrote:
    > Why is this idiot still on this ng.

    Well, you can always leave if you bother you.
    kier, Feb 6, 2005
  8. 7, <>, the excuse for a
    second-rate, intolerant flap-dragon, and drinker of alcoholic beverages,
    inveighed:

    > You seem to be avoiding answering the original question.

    What was the original question?
    Natronorubrum Largimobile Calliginosus Reverse Tra, Feb 6, 2005
  9. Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae

    GreyCloud Guest

    Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae wrote:

    > Liam Slider, <>, the perspiring, scoundrelly mare,
    > and robber who preys on public roads, contrived:
    >
    > > This is a lie.

    > That lie is true.
    >
    > Proof. Given a computably generated set of axioms, let PROVABLE be the set
    > of numbers to encode sentences that are provable from the given axioms.
    >
    > Let /s/ = any sentence
    > Let /P/ - PROVABLE
    >
    > Let "This sentence is unprovable" be notionally equivalent to "This is a
    > lie."
    >
    > Thus for any sentence /s/,
    >
    > 1) < /s/ > is in /P/ iff /s/ is provable.
    >
    > Since the set of axioms is computably generable;
    >
    > So is the set of proofs which use these axioms;
    > So is the set of provable theorems and hence;
    > So is /P/, the set of encodings of provable theorems.
    >
    > Since computable implies definable in adequate theories, /P/
    > can be defined. /P/ is definable.
    >
    > Let /s/ be the sentence "This sentence is unprovable".
    > By Tarski, /s/ exists since it is the solution of:
    > 2) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/.
    > Thus
    > 3) /s/ iff < /s/ > is not in /P/ iff /s/ is not provable.
    >
    > Applying excluded middle, /s/ is either true or false.
    >
    > If /s/ is false, then by 3), /s/ is provable.
    > That is impossible because provable sentences are true.
    > Thus /s/ is true.
    > Thus by 3), /s/ is not provable.
    > Hence /s/ is true but unprovable.
    >
    > For Tarski's Lemma, see
    > http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#SelfReference
    > Reference algorithm:
    > http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~dale/godel/godel.html#FirstIncompleteness

    Sounds like a load of DEC shit to me.
    K-man... get a fucking life.
    What did you do to get canned by DEC??

    **** the bosses secretary or something??

    Big mistake.

    --
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
    when they do it from religious conviction."
    GreyCloud, Feb 6, 2005
  10. "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message

    <HACK>

    > Sounds like a load of DEC shit to me.
    > K-man... get a fucking life.

    Post your address, /I'll/ come and take yours.

    > What did you do to get canned by DEC??

    WTF are you babbling on about, you spunkstain on a bedsheet?

    > **** the bosses secretary or something??
    >
    > Big mistake.

    When you know what you're banging on about, post back with full details.
    Until then STFU.

    --
    Glorious Goitre
    Gloria Goitre, Feb 6, 2005
  11. Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae

    GreyCloud Guest

    Gloria Goitre wrote:

    > "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message
    >
    > <HACK>
    >
    > > Sounds like a load of DEC shit to me.
    > > K-man... get a fucking life.

    > Post your address, /I'll/ come and take yours.
    >
    > > What did you do to get canned by DEC??

    > WTF are you babbling on about, you spunkstain on a bedsheet?
    >
    > > **** the bosses secretary or something??
    > >
    > > Big mistake.

    > When you know what you're banging on about, post back with full details.
    > Until then STFU.

    I thought you plonked me and in your killfile... guess not
    eh??

    So what did DEC fire you over anyway??

    GreyCloud, Feb 6, 2005
  12. "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message
    > Gloria Goitre wrote:
    >>
    >> "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <HACK>
    >>
    >>> Sounds like a load of DEC shit to me.
    >>> K-man... get a fucking life.

    >> Post your address, /I'll/ come and take yours.
    >>
    >>> What did you do to get canned by DEC??

    >> WTF are you babbling on about, you spunkstain on a bedsheet?
    >>
    >>> **** the bosses secretary or something??
    >>>
    >>> Big mistake.

    >> When you know what you're banging on about, post back with full
    >> details. Until then STFU.

    > I thought you plonked me and in your killfile... guess not
    > eh??

    You're quick, but I lied.

    > So what did DEC fire you over anyway??

    You tell me, in your own words now, if you can.

    --
    Glorious Goitre
    Gloria Goitre, Feb 6, 2005
  13. Sulfolobus Epamella Diarizonae

    GreyCloud Guest

    Gloria Goitre wrote:

    > "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message
    > > Gloria Goitre wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> <HACK>

    > >> Post your address, /I'll/ come and take yours.

    > >> WTF are you babbling on about, you spunkstain on a bedsheet?

    > >> When you know what you're banging on about, post back with full
    > >> details. Until then STFU.

    > > I thought you plonked me and in your killfile... guess not
    > > eh??

    > You're quick, but I lied.
    >
    > > So what did DEC fire you over anyway??

    > You tell me, in your own words now, if you can.

    Well, I certainly didn't fire you. So why not let it out.
    Was it back when Compaq bought out DEC?

    GreyCloud, Feb 7, 2005
  14. "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message
    > Gloria Goitre wrote:
    >>
    >> "GreyCloud" <> wrote in message

    >>> I thought you plonked me and in your killfile... guess not
    >>> eh??

    >> You're quick, but I lied.
    >>
    >>> So what did DEC fire you over anyway??

    >> You tell me, in your own words now, if you can.
    >>

    > Well, I certainly didn't fire you. So why not let it out.
    > Was it back when Compaq bought out DEC?

    You see, you braindead ****, you can't even do that right, can you now, mmm.

    You get given an opportunity to spill the beans about something you think is
    noteworthy, and can do **** all but repeat your stupid self. Now, you've
    either got something, or you haven't. Which is it, you mindless fuckin'
    retard? PTFU or STFU.

    --
    Glorious Goitre
    Gloria Goitre, Feb 7, 2005
  15. Gloria Goitre, <>, the scowling, oozy friar,
    and garlicmonger, maundered:

    > Yuoo see, yuoo breeendeed coont, yuoo cun't ifen du thet reeght, cun yuoo
    > noo, mmm.
    >
    > Yuoo get geefen un ooppurtooneety tu speell zee beuns ebuoot sumetheeng
    > yuoo theenk ees nutoourthy, und cun du ffoock ell boot repeet yuoor
    > stoopeed selff. Noo, yuoo'fe-a ieezeer gut sumetheeng, oor yuoo hefen't.
    > Vheech ees eet, yuoo meendless ffoockeen' reterd? PTFOo oor STFOo.

    Yer wha?
    Tikar the felcher-experimenter, Feb 7, 2005
  16. "Tikar the felcher-experimenter"
    <-frothy-milkman.net>
    wrote in message
    > Gloria Goitre, <>, the scowling, oozy
    > friar, and garlicmonger, maundered:
    >

    >> Yuoo see, yuoo breeendeed coont, yuoo cun't ifen du thet reeght, cun
    >> yuoo noo, mmm.
    >>
    >> Yuoo get geefen un ooppurtooneety tu speell zee beuns ebuoot
    >> sumetheeng yuoo theenk ees nutoourthy, und cun du ffoock ell boot
    >> repeet yuoor stoopeed selff. Noo, yuoo'fe-a ieezeer gut sumetheeng,
    >> oor yuoo hefen't. Vheech ees eet, yuoo meendless ffoockeen' reterd?
    >> PTFOo oor STFOo.

    > Yer wha?

    YEAH!!!

    --
    Glorious Goitre
    Gloria Goitre, Feb 7, 2005
  17. Gloria Goitre, <>, the frothy, ossiferous
    fondler, and dish washer, plagued:

    GayClod is a kraut. Try this on the ****:

    Sogok the apprehensive, Feb 7, 2005
  18. "Sogok the apprehensive"
    <-sticky-frump.org> wrote in message
    > Gloria Goitre, <>, the frothy, ossiferous
    > fondler, and dish washer, plagued:
    >
    >> "Tikar ze felcher-experimenter"
    >> <-frody-milkman.net>
    >> v-r-rote in message
    >>> Gloria Goitre, <>, the scowling, oozy
    >>> friar, and garlicmonger, maundered:

    >>> Yer wha?

    >> YEAH!!!

    > GayClod is a kraut. Try this on the ****:
    >
    >> Vheder you r-r-realise it or not, you moudy no-nodingkt fucktard, I'm
    >> kallingkt you on your fanciful notion you hafe dat I'm zomeone oder
    >> dan vho I am.
    >>
    >> In all ze years I'fe been usingkt Usenet, you fucked up old kunt,
    >> vhat makes you dink you abofe all oders hafe found ze Holy Grail, eh?

    LOL

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 7, 2005