Re: I'm sure I saw it :-)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John Turco, Feb 8, 2013.

  1. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    On 2/4/2013 3:20 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
    > occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
    > TV.
    >
    > Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
    > and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
    > coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
    > circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
    > on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
    > which has just won.
    >
    > Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
    > cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
    > closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
    > one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was pissed off!

    The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in Super
    Bowl XLVII (February 3, 2013; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA).

    In Super Bowl XXXVII (January 26, 2003; San Diego, California, USA), the
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.

    John

    John Turco, Feb 8, 2013

  2. John Turco

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:01:43 -0600, John Turco <> wrote:
    : On 2/4/2013 3:20 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    : > Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
    : > occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
    : > TV.
    : >
    : > Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
    : > and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
    : > coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
    : > circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
    : > on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
    : > which has just won.
    : >
    : > Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
    : > cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
    : > closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
    : > one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was pissed off!
    :
    :
    : The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in Super
    : Bowl XLVII (February 3, 2013; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA).
    :
    : In Super Bowl XXXVII (January 26, 2003; San Diego, California, USA), the
    : Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.

    Eric's mistake was an understandable one, since the Raiders have been even
    more itinerant than the Ravens. You may recall that they started out in
    Oakland, moved to Los Angeles for a while, then moved back to Oakland. The
    Ravens (the earlier incarnation of the Cleveland Browns) have moved only once
    in recent history.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 8, 2013

  3. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    On 2/8/2013 9:43 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:01:43 -0600, John Turco <> wrote:
    > : On 2/4/2013 3:20 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > : > Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
    > : > occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
    > : > TV.
    > : >
    > : > Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
    > : > and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
    > : > coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
    > : > circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
    > : > on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
    > : > which has just won.
    > : >
    > : > Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
    > : > cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
    > : > closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
    > : > one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was pissed off!
    > :
    > :
    > : The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in Super
    > : Bowl XLVII (February 3, 2013; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA).
    > :
    > : In Super Bowl XXXVII (January 26, 2003; San Diego, California, USA), the
    > : Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.
    >
    > Eric's mistake was an understandable one, since the Raiders have been even
    > more itinerant than the Ravens. You may recall that they started out in
    > Oakland, moved to Los Angeles for a while, then moved back to Oakland. The
    > Ravens (the earlier incarnation of the Cleveland Browns) have moved only once
    > in recent history.
    >
    > Bob

    Actually, his error is even more fathomable, considering that he's a New
    Zealander.

    John

    John Turco, Feb 10, 2013