Re: I'm impressed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Neon John, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Neon John

    Neon John Guest

    Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once: "God help me save the world while
    I'm still young and know it all."

    Or the one on my pistol shooting kit: "Old age and cunning bests youth and
    exuberance every time."

    The difference between you, Rescho, and me and others of our age group vs
    these kiddies is, when we were doing our stupidities of youth there wasn't
    Usenet to immortalize them.

    John

    On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:59:59 +1000, "Rescho"
    <> wrote:

    >Essentially, what you're saying is that I'm a bumbling old fool. At 64 I'm
    >not as physically dexterous physically as I was and I _do_ have trouble
    >handling slippery batteries in a hurry so give me a break.
    >The other issue is the need to do it. How many times have you had to replace
    >batteries while your subject disappears over the hill?
    >Regards
    >Rescho

    ---
    John De Armond

    http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/
    Cleveland, Occupied TN
    Neon John, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Neon John

    Charlie Self Guest

    Neon John responds:

    >The difference between you, Rescho, and me and others of our age group vs
    >these kiddies is, when we were doing our stupidities of youth there wasn't
    >Usenet to immortalize them.

    Trouble is, I'm pretty sure he was responding to me. And I'm older than he is.

    Charlie Self
    "The function of posterity is to look after itself." Dylan Thomas
    Charlie Self, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Neon John

    Mark M Guest

    "Neon John" <> wrote in message
    > Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once: "God help me save the world

    while
    > I'm still young and know it all."
    >
    > Or the one on my pistol shooting kit: "Old age and cunning bests youth and
    > exuberance every time."
    >
    > The difference between you, Rescho, and me and others of our age group vs
    > these kiddies is, when we were doing our stupidities of youth there wasn't
    > Usenet to immortalize them.
    >
    > John

    I'm putting that last statement in my book, John.
    :)
    I'll be sure and give you proper credit!
    Mark M, Apr 3, 2004