Re: I'm beginning to think richard..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jordon, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. Jordon

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:43:38 -0400, Meat Plow
    > wrote:

    >> Trust me it's not an "act". What convinced me was long ago he stated
    >> that the singular form of movies was movy.

    > movy
    > Results 1 - 100 of about 16,700,000 English pages for movy. (0.50
    > seconds)
    >
    > Obviously a common misconception.

    It makes sense that you'd use a hammer when you need a
    screw driver.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Sep 2, 2009

  2. Jordon

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:11:50 -0700, Jordon wrote:

    > It makes sense that you'd use a hammer when you need a screw driver.

    That's the best and quickest way to attach a hinge to a door. Hammer the
    screws in most of the way, then give them the last half turn or so with a
    screwdriver.

    True.

    --
    “Every now and again the United States has to pick up a crappy little
    country and throw it against a wall just to prove we are serious.â€

    Aardvark, Sep 3, 2009

  3. Jordon

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Aardvark wrote in news:pcHnm.53298$2:

    > On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:11:50 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> It makes sense that you'd use a hammer when you need a screw driver.

    > That's the best and quickest way to attach a hinge to a door. Hammer
    > the screws in most of the way, then give them the last half turn or so
    > with a screwdriver.
    >
    > True.

    That's called a Liverpool screwdriver.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 3, 2009
  4. Jordon

    Clot Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Aardvark wrote in news:pcHnm.53298$2:
    >
    >> On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:11:50 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> It makes sense that you'd use a hammer when you need a screw driver.

    >> That's the best and quickest way to attach a hinge to a door. Hammer
    >> the screws in most of the way, then give them the last half turn or
    >> so with a screwdriver.
    >>
    >> True.
    >>

    > That's called a Liverpool screwdriver.

    That's the one. It has a screwdriver blade at the one end and a hammer head
    at the other. You hold the hammerhead to get that final tweak when driving
    the screw home.

    Clot, Sep 3, 2009
  5. Jordon

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:07:54 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:11:50 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> It makes sense that you'd use a hammer when you need a screw driver.

    >> That's the best and quickest way to attach a hinge to a door. Hammer
    >> the screws in most of the way, then give them the last half turn or so
    >> with a screwdriver.
    >>
    >> True.

    > You watch the Red Green show too?

    Never heard of the guy. I'm a joiner (you'd call me a carpenter) by trade.

    Aardvark, Sep 3, 2009
  6. Jordon

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:11:29 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Aardvark wrote:

    >>> You watch the Red Green show too?

    >> Never heard of the guy. I'm a joiner (you'd call me a carpenter) by trade.

    >If you have it available in your area, you'd appreciate it. It's a crazy
    >canuck that has a sort of handyman show on PBS, comes on Friday nights here.

    "...the handyman's Secret Weapon - Duct Tape!"

    I laughed until I cried during the episode where Red and Harold blew themselves
    up doing Harold's science project. LMAO

    --
    <AB> . o O (Years from now, when the aliens are sifting through our
    fossilized remnants, they're going to come to one inescapable

    Mara, Sep 3, 2009