Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Then you really need to post this in an IIS newsgroup. This newsgroup is for
    64-bit questions, and that would not be an IIS5 issue, me thinks.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 18, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    Well, technically ....

    IIS 5.1 is the IIS server that comes with XP. 5.0 comes with 2000, and 6.0
    comes with 2003.

    To answer the OP ... You can have 1 site directory, the Default Site.

    You can use host headers so that different sites appear to respond from the
    one site. But you need an ASP default page that is capable of figuring out
    the header used, and redirecting the browser to an appropriate virtural
    directory.

    If you want true sites, with thier own memory pooling and application
    workspaces, you must run a server OS.

    All that stuff is beyond the scope of this group, but at least the OP now
    has a sense of direction to persue in the IIS groups.

    - NuTs

    NuTCrAcKeR, Dec 18, 2006

  3. Thanks. Didn't know WHICH version 5.1 went with, just knew it wasn't ours.
    ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64