Re: Ignore :)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Julian Visch, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Julian Visch

    Julian Visch Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hey guys,
    >>
    >>I'm training up my spam filter, and since this is the best place to
    >>

    > collect
    >
    >>spam from, I'm posting my own (Spamcatching) email address:
    >>

    > Are there any websites where you can sign yourself up for bulk amounts of
    > spam?

    Try the news group alt.test as that is what it is designed for, i.e. for
    testing nntp servers.
    Julian Visch, Jul 25, 2003

  2. "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I'm training up my spam filter, and since this is the best place to

    collect
    > spam from, I'm posting my own (Spamcatching) email address:

    Are there any websites where you can sign yourself up for bulk amounts of
    spam?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 27, 2003

  3. start replying to the Nigerian scammers using your
    address

    Russell Smithies, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Julian Visch

    Andy Lawson Guest

    > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey guys,
    > >
    > > I'm training up my spam filter, and since this is the best place to

    > collect
    > > spam from, I'm posting my own (Spamcatching) email address:
    > >

    > Are there any websites where you can sign yourself up for bulk amounts of
    > spam?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    If you sign up for it its not spam.

    If you post unmunged in news.admin.net-abuse.email you're practically
    guarranteed to get spammed, often within a day of posting. Alternatively you
    could try posting copies of spam you receive to news.admin.net-abuse.email
    with your spamcatcher address as the From: address; there has been some
    discussion over whether the harvesting of addresses from newgroup posts
    includes looking for addresses in the body of the post.
    Andy Lawson, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Julian Visch

    Matthias Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Are there any websites where you can sign yourself up for bulk amounts of
    > spam?

    This is what you really want...

    http://www.spamarchive.org/

    -- Matthias
    Matthias, Jul 27, 2003
  6. Julian Visch

    jfwilson Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <-echo.invalid> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:17:23 +1200, in article
    > <bfvnaj$j1b$>, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    >
    > > Are there any websites where you can sign yourself up for bulk amounts

    of
    > > spam?

    > Some spams have a website URL where (they claim) you can "opt out".
    >
    > Browse there and "opt out" with your spamcatcher address.

    I came across this site accidentally. Is it relevant?
    I was'nt sure what to do with it but I'm not fussed about
    spam so I passed on.

    http://www.bfndevelopment.com/cgi-bin/home/Members/fMail/Contacts/134/cFM5g/
    1ll63J9/List.html
    jfwilson, Jul 27, 2003