Re: If You Think Clean Coal Technology Is The Answer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rol_Lei Nut, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. Rol_Lei Nut

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Bill Graham wrote:

    > "Alan Smithee" <> wrote in message
    >> "Larry Thong" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Just ask the folks in Tennessee about it. It seems the dumb bastards
    >>> that
    >>> thought of "Clean Coal Technology" haven't yet found a way to dispose
    >>> of the
    >>> millions of tons of solid waste it generates. And to think we have a
    >>> fifty
    >>> year supply of coal that will break our addiction to Middle Eastern
    >>> oil. I
    >>> hope that disaster isn't near Spike's home.

    >> What about the waste from nuclear power plants? Where does that go?

    > Sometime when you've got nothing else to do, drive from Wendover, Nevada
    > to Salt Lake City, Utah. And then think about where you might bury some
    > waste material.....Like nuclear waste, or coal dust, or whatever......

    Amazing.... Homer Simpson himself just posted to this NG!

    Rol_Lei Nut, Dec 30, 2008

  2. Rol_Lei Nut

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Bill Graham wrote:

    > "Rol_Lei Nut" <> wrote in message
    >> Bill Graham wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Alan Smithee" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sometime when you've got nothing else to do, drive from Wendover,
    >>> Nevada to Salt Lake City, Utah. And then think about where you might
    >>> bury some waste material.....Like nuclear waste, or coal dust, or
    >>> whatever......

    >> Amazing.... Homer Simpson himself just posted to this NG!

    > Homer, like Archie Bunker, has some pretty good insights. (To those
    > people who actually listen to what they say, instead of just exhibiting
    > some jerk-knee reaction because of the source.) Maybe you can explain to
    > me why they buried some nuclear waste in canisters in the ocean, where
    > the salt water and sea action caused the canisters to spring leaks after
    > several years, when they have a million or more square miles of the
    > driest, most useless land on earth to put it.......

    An even more idiotic action does not justify an idiotic one.

    I assume you're fully informed about all the details concerning the
    tectonic and hydrographic characteristics of the "most useless land"
    you're talking about.

    Re Homer: Maybe some insights, after causing major disasters.

    Rol_Lei Nut, Dec 31, 2008

  3. Rol_Lei Nut

    Chris H Guest

    In message <>, Rol_Lei Nut
    <> writes
    >Bill Graham wrote:
    >> "Rol_Lei Nut" <> wrote in message

    >>> Amazing.... Homer Simpson himself just posted to this NG!

    >> Homer, like Archie Bunker, has some pretty good insights. (To those
    >>people who actually listen to what they say, instead of just
    >>exhibiting some jerk-knee reaction because of the source.) Maybe you
    >>can explain to me why they buried some nuclear waste in canisters in
    >>the ocean, where the salt water and sea action caused the canisters
    >>to spring leaks after several years, when they have a million or more
    >>square miles of the driest, most useless land on earth to put it.......

    >An even more idiotic action does not justify an idiotic one.
    >
    >I assume you're fully informed about all the details concerning the
    >tectonic and hydrographic characteristics of the "most useless land"
    >you're talking about.
    >
    >Re Homer: Maybe some insights, after causing major disasters.

    I have read his "paper" on Saddam and Iraq... It is three whole
    paragraphs. 1 Introduction.
    2 Some childish manipulation of statistics
    3 a final paragraph of Propaganda.

    He does not have a clue what he is talking about.

    Chris H, Dec 31, 2008
  4. Rol_Lei Nut

    J. Clarke Guest

    Rol_Lei Nut wrote:
    > Bill Graham wrote:
    >>
    >> "Rol_Lei Nut" <> wrote in message

    >>> Amazing.... Homer Simpson himself just posted to this NG!

    >> Homer, like Archie Bunker, has some pretty good insights. (To those
    >> people who actually listen to what they say, instead of just
    >> exhibiting some jerk-knee reaction because of the source.) Maybe
    >> you
    >> can explain to me why they buried some nuclear waste in canisters
    >> in
    >> the ocean, where the salt water and sea action caused the canisters
    >> to spring leaks after several years, when they have a million or
    >> more square miles of the driest, most useless land on earth to put
    >> it.......

    > An even more idiotic action does not justify an idiotic one.
    >
    > I assume you're fully informed about all the details concerning the
    > tectonic and hydrographic characteristics of the "most useless land"
    > you're talking about.

    I want to know who buried these canisters and where and when and what
    they contained. I can't find any statement to that effect even on the
    most rabid foaming at the mouth anti-nuclear sites. There is a
    proposal to put it in kilometer deep holes in subduction zones where
    it will get sucked down into the mantle and not be seen again for
    millions of years, but so far nobody is doing that that I am aware of.

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    J. Clarke, Dec 31, 2008
  5. Rol_Lei Nut

    mj Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:37:26 -0500, "J. Clarke" <>
    > wrote in <>:
    >
    >>I want to know who buried these canisters and where and when and what
    >>they contained. I can't find any statement to that effect even on the
    >>most rabid foaming at the mouth anti-nuclear sites. There is a
    >>proposal to put it in kilometer deep holes in subduction zones where
    >>it will get sucked down into the mantle and not be seen again for
    >>millions of years, but so far nobody is doing that that I am aware of.

    > Drillers in Hawaii have hit the mantle at only 2.5 km,
    > so that idea is not as far-fetched as it might sound.
    > <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7780873.stm>
    >
    > --
    > Very best wishes for the holiday season and for the coming new year,
    > John

    Actually they hit a magma chamber not the mantel

    mj, Dec 31, 2008
  6. Rol_Lei Nut

    mj Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:30:40 -0600, "mj" <lakediver@dd..net> wrote in
    > <jTO6l.9212$>:
    >

    >>"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    >>> Drillers in Hawaii have hit the mantle at only 2.5 km,
    >>> so that idea is not as far-fetched as it might sound.
    >>> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7780873.stm>

    >>Actually they hit a magma chamber not the mantel

    > Thanks for catching that.
    >
    > --

    LOL.......not a problem

    mj, Dec 31, 2008
  7. Rol_Lei Nut

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:54:50 -0800, Bill Graham wrote:

    > > I assume you're fully informed about all the details concerning the
    > > tectonic and hydrographic characteristics of the "most useless land"
    > > you're talking about.

    > No, but I am waiting with baited breath for you to tell me all about
    > it......Should I bring a lunch?

    You're already assuming that the bait will be ineffective? Try
    worms, chum!

    ASAAR, Dec 31, 2008