Re: If RtS ran a hotel...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by alan, Oct 27, 2009.

  1. alan

    alan Guest

    On Oct 26, 6:17 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:01:03 -0700, alan wrote:
    > > "richard" <> wrote in message

    > >> Mr. Platt sir? Did you know it's required by US federal law for persons
    > >> who
    > >> want to become US citizens know, and speak the English language?
    > >> If his employees are in fact, law abiding citizens, then they must know
    > >> the
    > >> proper lingo. As they don't give the oath in any language but English.

    > >> As an American citizen, living in the good ole USA, it is NOT my duty
    > >> learn YOUR language. It is YOUR duty to learn mine. If you went to
    > >> visit
    > >> Mexico City, didn't know Spanish, do you expect them to know English
    > >> just
    > >> because you're a big bad dumbass gringo?

    > >> I see it all the time travelling across the country. Motel clerks
    > >> barely
    > >> know enough english to do the job. The mexican maids barely know any.

    > >> Is this guy an asshole? To a degree. He doesn't like the names, tough
    > >> shit.
    > >> Live with it. Can he legally require the employees to speak to him only
    > >> in
    > >> English.

    > > ---He was demanding that they speak English *in his presence*. Learn to
    > > read
    > > more carefully.

    > >> When I worked for a major trucking company, I was in the dispatch
    > >> office
    > >> one day. They had a driver in who knew not one word of English. I said,
    > >> bullshit. How the hell did he get his CDL? The written test is given
    > >> only
    > >> in English, and they don't allow you to have someone else present.

    > > ---*Bullshit* (if by "CDL" you mean California Drivers License), you can
    > > take the written test in Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Cambodian,
    > > Chinese, Croatian, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong,
    > > Hungarian,
    > > Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Persian/Farsi, Polish,
    > > Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Tagalog/Filipino, Thai,
    > > Tongan, Turkish, and Vietnamese.

    > >> It's a damn shame that more and more Americans are bending over
    > >> backwards
    > >> to make the life of Spanish speaking people more enjoyable in this
    > >> country.

    > > You don't read much history do you, Richard? Language shifts have taken
    > > place all over the world and over the course of thousands of years. It
    > > happens. Get used to it.
    > > One thing for sure, laws have not really had much influence on trends in
    > > language shifting . . . .

    > No dumbshit, "Commercial Drivers License" as required by every interstate
    > trucker in the country. seewww.fmcsa.dot.gov

    Oh, sorry, dickhead. You want *Commercial*? How about some these sample
    test questions on the DMV site for *Commercial* Driver's License (Class A or
    B):
    (Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia clase A o B)
    http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl1written.htm
    http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl2written.htm
    Wow --- they're in *Spanish*!
    I'd say that if they're publishing sample test questions in Spanish, then
    the test must be available in Spanish . . .
    Anyway, if you need more info, go to:
    http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/exam.htm
    and look under the heading "Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia clase
    A o B)"

    alan, Oct 27, 2009

  2. alan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:04:03 -0700, alan wrote:

    > On Oct 26, 6:17 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:01:03 -0700, alan wrote:
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> ---He was demanding that they speak English *in his presence*. Learn to
    >>> read
    >>> more carefully.

    >>> ---*Bullshit* (if by "CDL" you mean California Drivers License), you can
    >>> take the written test in Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Cambodian,
    >>> Chinese, Croatian, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong,
    >>> Hungarian,
    >>> Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Persian/Farsi, Polish,
    >>> Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Tagalog/Filipino, Thai,
    >>> Tongan, Turkish, and Vietnamese.

    >>> You don't read much history do you, Richard? Language shifts have taken
    >>> place all over the world and over the course of thousands of years. It
    >>> happens. Get used to it.
    >>> One thing for sure, laws have not really had much influence on trends in
    >>> language shifting . . . .

    >> No dumbshit, "Commercial Drivers License" as required by every interstate
    >> trucker in the country. seewww.fmcsa.dot.gov

    > Oh, sorry, dickhead. You want *Commercial*? How about some these sample
    > test questions on the DMV site for *Commercial* Driver's License (Class A or
    > B):
    > (Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia clase A o B)
    > http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl1written.htm
    > http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl2written.htm
    > Wow --- they're in *Spanish*!
    > I'd say that if they're publishing sample test questions in Spanish, then
    > the test must be available in Spanish . . .
    > Anyway, if you need more info, go to:
    > http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/exam.htm
    > and look under the heading "Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia clase
    > A o B)"

    Sure. You can probably find any government test in any language.

    The website is a state operated one. Now call any dmv office and ask them
    in what languages they give the federal CDL in.

    richard, Oct 27, 2009

  3. alan

    alan Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:04:03 -0700, alan wrote:

    >>> No dumbshit, "Commercial Drivers License" as required by every
    >>> interstate
    >>> trucker in the country. seewww.fmcsa.dot.gov

    >> Oh, sorry, dickhead. You want *Commercial*? How about some these sample
    >> test questions on the DMV site for *Commercial* Driver's License (Class A
    >> or
    >> B):
    >> (Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia clase A o B)
    >> http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl1written.htm
    >> http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl2written.htm
    >> Wow --- they're in *Spanish*!
    >> I'd say that if they're publishing sample test questions in Spanish, then
    >> the test must be available in Spanish . . .
    >> Anyway, if you need more info, go to:
    >> http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/exam.htm
    >> and look under the heading "Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia
    >> clase
    >> A o B)"

    > Sure. You can probably find any government test in any language.
    >
    > The website is a state operated one. Now call any dmv office and ask them
    > in what languages they give the federal CDL in.

    There's no such thing as a "federal" CDL.
    Somehow I *knew* you'd come back with that kind of ignorant bullshit. From
    the very website that you cited (www.fmcsa.dot.gov) re commercial licenses:

    " It is important to note that the Act does not require drivers to obtain a
    separate Federal license; it merely requires States to upgrade their
    existing testing and licensing programs, if necessary, to conform with the
    Federal minimum standards."
    --and--
    "The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according to
    the following license classifications:
    Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds
    provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
    pounds.
    Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any
    such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
    Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not
    meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to
    transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for
    hazardous materials."
    see: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm

    Hey, are you *sure* you were a trucker? And you said you had one of those
    "federal" CDLs? Where did you get it?

    alan, Oct 27, 2009
  4. alan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:01:43 -0700, alan wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> Oh, sorry, dickhead. You want *Commercial*? How about some these sample
    >>> test questions on the DMV site for *Commercial* Driver's License (Class A
    >>> or
    >>> B):
    >>> (Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia clase A o B)
    >>> http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl1written.htm
    >>> http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/cdl2written.htm
    >>> Wow --- they're in *Spanish*!
    >>> I'd say that if they're publishing sample test questions in Spanish, then
    >>> the test must be available in Spanish . . .
    >>> Anyway, if you need more info, go to:
    >>> http://www.es.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/interactive/tdrive/exam.htm
    >>> and look under the heading "Conductor de vehículo comercial (licencia
    >>> clase
    >>> A o B)"

    >> Sure. You can probably find any government test in any language.
    >>
    >> The website is a state operated one. Now call any dmv office and ask them
    >> in what languages they give the federal CDL in.

    > There's no such thing as a "federal" CDL.
    > Somehow I *knew* you'd come back with that kind of ignorant bullshit. From
    > the very website that you cited (www.fmcsa.dot.gov) re commercial licenses:
    >
    > " It is important to note that the Act does not require drivers to obtain a
    > separate Federal license; it merely requires States to upgrade their
    > existing testing and licensing programs, if necessary, to conform with the
    > Federal minimum standards."
    > --and--
    > "The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according to
    > the following license classifications:
    > Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds
    > provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
    > pounds.
    > Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any
    > such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
    > Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not
    > meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to
    > transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for
    > hazardous materials."
    > see: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm
    >
    > Hey, are you *sure* you were a trucker? And you said you had one of those
    > "federal" CDLs? Where did you get it?

    The CDL for truckers is a federal program. Since the federal government is
    not in the habit of issuing DL's, they left that up to the states. As it
    also combines your regular car DL with it. I do in fact have a "federal"
    CDL which was issued in wisconsin.

    richard, Oct 27, 2009
  5. alan

    alan Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:01:43 -0700, alan wrote:
    >
    >> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sure. You can probably find any government test in any language.
    >>>
    >>> The website is a state operated one. Now call any dmv office and ask
    >>> them
    >>> in what languages they give the federal CDL in.

    >> There's no such thing as a "federal" CDL.
    >> Somehow I *knew* you'd come back with that kind of ignorant bullshit.
    >> From
    >> the very website that you cited (www.fmcsa.dot.gov) re commercial
    >> licenses:
    >>
    >> " It is important to note that the Act does not require drivers to obtain
    >> separate Federal license; it merely requires States to upgrade their
    >> existing testing and licensing programs, if necessary, to conform with
    >> the
    >> Federal minimum standards."
    >> --and--
    >> "The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according
    >> the following license classifications:
    >> Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more
    >> pounds
    >> provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
    >> pounds.
    >> Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or
    >> any
    >> such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
    >> Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not
    >> meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to
    >> transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded
    >> for
    >> hazardous materials."
    >> see: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm
    >>
    >> Hey, are you *sure* you were a trucker? And you said you had one of those
    >> "federal" CDLs? Where did you get it?

    > The CDL for truckers is a federal program. Since the federal government is
    > not in the habit of issuing DL's, they left that up to the states. As it
    > also combines your regular car DL with it. I do in fact have a "federal"
    > CDL which was issued in wisconsin.

    Yes ------ that's exactly what I pointed out to you. So you'll have to
    admit that you were wrong when you said "The written test is given only in
    English". Evidence was provided to you which showed you can take the test
    for a CDL in Spanish. Maybe in Wisconsin it's only in English, but it's
    clear that you can do it in Spanish in California.
    And, by the way, even in Wisconsin it's not called a "federal" CDL. If you
    actually have a CDL, pull it out and take a look at it ---- it's issued by
    the State of Wisconsin per Federal guidelines. It is *not* called a
    "federal" CDL.
    How fuckin' hard is it for you to admit that you were fuckin' wrong?

    alan, Oct 27, 2009
  6. alan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:01:55 -0700, alan wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:01:43 -0700, alan wrote:
    >>
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> There's no such thing as a "federal" CDL.
    >>> Somehow I *knew* you'd come back with that kind of ignorant bullshit.
    >>> From
    >>> the very website that you cited (www.fmcsa.dot.gov) re commercial
    >>> licenses:
    >>>
    >>> " It is important to note that the Act does not require drivers to obtain
    >>> separate Federal license; it merely requires States to upgrade their
    >>> existing testing and licensing programs, if necessary, to conform with
    >>> the
    >>> Federal minimum standards."
    >>> --and--
    >>> "The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according
    >>> the following license classifications:
    >>> Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more
    >>> pounds
    >>> provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
    >>> pounds.
    >>> Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or
    >>> any
    >>> such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
    >>> Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not
    >>> meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to
    >>> transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded
    >>> for
    >>> hazardous materials."
    >>> see: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm
    >>>
    >>> Hey, are you *sure* you were a trucker? And you said you had one of those
    >>> "federal" CDLs? Where did you get it?

    >> The CDL for truckers is a federal program. Since the federal government is
    >> not in the habit of issuing DL's, they left that up to the states. As it
    >> also combines your regular car DL with it. I do in fact have a "federal"
    >> CDL which was issued in wisconsin.

    > Yes ------ that's exactly what I pointed out to you. So you'll have to
    > admit that you were wrong when you said "The written test is given only in
    > English". Evidence was provided to you which showed you can take the test
    > for a CDL in Spanish. Maybe in Wisconsin it's only in English, but it's
    > clear that you can do it in Spanish in California.
    > And, by the way, even in Wisconsin it's not called a "federal" CDL. If you
    > actually have a CDL, pull it out and take a look at it ---- it's issued by
    > the State of Wisconsin per Federal guidelines. It is *not* called a
    > "federal" CDL.
    > How fuckin' hard is it for you to admit that you were fuckin' wrong?

    Ok dumbfuck, you go over to any DMV office you want. Tell them you want to
    take the written CDL test in Spanish. I'll bet you a hundred bucks they
    will tell you it ain't possible. As the rules and regulations dictate the
    driver knows English.

    Two or three years ago, the Nebraska DOT stopped a driver at the scales.
    His first words were, "No comprehende Inglis."
    "Really? Guess what dude? You just got a ticket to the bus station because
    that's the only way you're leaving here. No English, no drive.
    Comprehende?"

    Mexico based drivers aren't allowed in Nebraska.
    The feds backed up the DOT. The man had to find another way out of the
    scales.

    Oh and BTW, all interstate drivers are required to have a medical card.
    Those are not available in any language but English.

    Technically, it is a "federal" CDL.
    US Federal code title 49.

    richard, Oct 27, 2009
  7. alan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:01:55 -0700, alan wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:01:43 -0700, alan wrote:
    >>
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> There's no such thing as a "federal" CDL.
    >>> Somehow I *knew* you'd come back with that kind of ignorant bullshit.
    >>> From
    >>> the very website that you cited (www.fmcsa.dot.gov) re commercial
    >>> licenses:
    >>>
    >>> " It is important to note that the Act does not require drivers to obtain
    >>> separate Federal license; it merely requires States to upgrade their
    >>> existing testing and licensing programs, if necessary, to conform with
    >>> the
    >>> Federal minimum standards."
    >>> --and--
    >>> "The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according
    >>> the following license classifications:
    >>> Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more
    >>> pounds
    >>> provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
    >>> pounds.
    >>> Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or
    >>> any
    >>> such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
    >>> Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not
    >>> meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to
    >>> transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded
    >>> for
    >>> hazardous materials."
    >>> see: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm
    >>>
    >>> Hey, are you *sure* you were a trucker? And you said you had one of those
    >>> "federal" CDLs? Where did you get it?

    >> The CDL for truckers is a federal program. Since the federal government is
    >> not in the habit of issuing DL's, they left that up to the states. As it
    >> also combines your regular car DL with it. I do in fact have a "federal"
    >> CDL which was issued in wisconsin.

    > Yes ------ that's exactly what I pointed out to you. So you'll have to
    > admit that you were wrong when you said "The written test is given only in
    > English". Evidence was provided to you which showed you can take the test
    > for a CDL in Spanish. Maybe in Wisconsin it's only in English, but it's
    > clear that you can do it in Spanish in California.
    > And, by the way, even in Wisconsin it's not called a "federal" CDL. If you
    > actually have a CDL, pull it out and take a look at it ---- it's issued by
    > the State of Wisconsin per Federal guidelines. It is *not* called a
    > "federal" CDL.
    > How fuckin' hard is it for you to admit that you were fuckin' wrong?

    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regu.../fmcsrruletext.aspx?chunkKey=09016334800238ab

    MUST KNOW ENGLISH!

    And for the actual "federal" CDL

    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/FmcsrGuideDetails.aspx?menukey=384

    richard, Oct 27, 2009
  8. alan

    Jordon Guest

    Jordon, Oct 27, 2009
  9. alan

    alan Guest

    "richard" wrote
    [...]
    > Ok dumbfuck, you go over to any DMV office you want. Tell them you want to
    > take the written CDL test in Spanish. I'll bet you a hundred bucks they
    > will tell you it ain't possible. As the rules and regulations dictate the
    > driver knows English.

    Ok, dickhead, *any* DMV? Let's take Florida for an example:

    "Florida conducts CDL tests in any language needed, and provides
    interpreters if needed."

    (from DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, Office of the Secretary,[Docket
    OST-2001-8696])
    see http://www.justice.gov/crt/cor/lep/dotlep.php

    Admit you're fuckin' wrong, dickhead!

    alan, Oct 27, 2009
  10. alan

    alan Guest

    alan, Oct 27, 2009
  11. alan

    alan Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:54:05 -0700, "alan" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ok, dickhead, *any* DMV? Let's take Florida for an example:
    >>
    >>"Florida conducts CDL tests in any language needed, and provides
    >>interpreters if needed."
    >>
    >> (from DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, Office of the Secretary,[Docket
    >>OST-2001-8696])
    >>see http://www.justice.gov/crt/cor/lep/dotlep.php
    >>
    >>Admit you're fuckin' wrong, dickhead!

    > Nice find.. But richard has never ever admitted he's wrong. He'll
    > merely drop from the thread, as usual.

    For every ridiculous assertion he makes he'd have to post an admission that
    he was wrong --- and no one, not even richard, has that much time . . .

    alan, Oct 27, 2009