Re: If Only Abraham Zapruder Had A D3!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Draco, Aug 25, 2008.

  1. Draco

    Draco Guest

    On Aug 24, 5:48 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > The JFK assassination and grassy knoll conspiracy would be solved.
    > Fortunately I was able to recreate the event with my D3.
    >
    > <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/grassy_knoll.htm>
    >
    > Rita
    > --
    > Stamping out Internet stupidity one idiot at a time.  Never empower the
    > idiot, embrace it and stimulate it.  For more details go to the Usenet
    > Stimulus Project page.
    >
    > http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com

    Nice duck shoot. One real comment and two trolls.

    As far as I can tell, not bad. Not great either. But not bad. The
    image that is.

    Keep trying.

    Draco

    Draco, Aug 25, 2008

  2. Draco

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Aug 25, 10:22 am, Draco <> wrote:

    > Nice duck shoot. One real comment and two trolls.

    Rita is the Jeff Foxworthy of the Newsgroups.
    A one-joke act that wasn't that funny to begin with.

    Annika1980, Aug 25, 2008

  3. Neil Harrington wrote:

    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil Harrington wrote:

    >>> Who's Jeff Foxworthy and what's his one-line joke?
    >>>
    >>> I'm not an actual redneck, but I aspire to be one.

    >> Sorry, Neil, I don't think you'll ever qualify: You've posted too long
    >> civilly and making sense at the same time to earn that sobriquet.

    > Why, thank you, John.
    >
    > But I'm still curious about what the one joke is.

    If I understand your question...

    Jeff Foxworthy is a southern US comedian. One of his trademark jokes, and
    he has many of this form, is "You might be a redneck if..."

    Example: "You might be a redneck if your home is on wheels and your car
    is on concrete blocks."

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 27, 2008
  4. Draco

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:00:55 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <>
    wrote:

    >"John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil Harrington wrote:

    >>> Who's Jeff Foxworthy and what's his one-line joke?
    >>>
    >>> I'm not an actual redneck, but I aspire to be one.

    >> Sorry, Neil, I don't think you'll ever qualify: You've posted too long
    >> civilly and making sense at the same time to earn that sobriquet.

    >Why, thank you, John.
    >
    >But I'm still curious about what the one joke is.
    >
    >Neil

    Foxworthy doesn't have just one joke, but he has one lead-in to all
    his jokes: "You might be redneck if..."

    Here's a short video of his act:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuiCnQc17jg

    Keep in mind that "redneck" has two meanings in the US: 1) a bigoted
    person or a racist, and 2) a rural Southerner. The meaning intended
    depends on the circumstances involved. Foxworthy's jokes are about
    meaning 2) and not meaning 1) at all.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 27, 2008
  5. Draco

    That80sGuy Guest

    In message news:, "Neil
    Harrington" <> done wrote:

    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil Harrington wrote:

    >>> Who's Jeff Foxworthy and what's his one-line joke?
    >>>
    >>> I'm not an actual redneck, but I aspire to be one.

    >> Sorry, Neil, I don't think you'll ever qualify: You've posted too long
    >> civilly and making sense at the same time to earn that sobriquet.

    > Why, thank you, John.
    >
    > But I'm still curious about what the one joke is.

    If your truck has curtains, but your house doesn't, you might be a redneck.

    If your porch collapses and three dogs die, you might be a redneck.

    If your mother doesn't take the unfiltered Camel out of her mouth before
    telling the State Trooper to kiss her ass, you might be a redneck.

    If someone asks to see your ID and you show them your belt buckle, you
    might be a redneck.

    Personally I prefer Steven Wright:

    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

    One day I accidently tried to open my house's front door with my car
    ignition key. The house started up, so I took it for a spin. I was driving
    down the Highway yelling at everyone to get off my driveway.

    A cop pulled me over and asked where I lived. I said, "Right here."

    Once I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

    I went to a museum where they had all the heads and arms from the statues
    that are in all the other museums.

    Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back.

    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

    I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

    While I was gone, somebody stole everything in my apartment and replaced it
    with an exact duplicate. When I told my roommate, he said: Do I know you?

    If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.

    Every so often, I like to go to the window, look up, and smile for a
    satellite picture.

    When I have a kid, I want to buy one of those strollers for twins. Then put
    the kid in and run around, looking frantic.

    When he gets older, I'd tell him he used to have a brother, but he didn't
    obey.

    I spilled Spot Remover on my dog... Now he's gone.

    I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near
    the place.

    I've got a life-size map of the world. Right there in the corner it says
    "one inch equals one inch." It's a bitch to fold.

    I bought some powdered water but I don't know what to add.

    I went to a convenience store by my house but the guy was locking up. I
    said "wait...aren't you open 24 hours?" The guy looked at me incredulously
    and said "not in a ROW!"

    Last year for Christmas, I got a humidifier and a dehumidifier. I put them
    in the same room and let them fight it out.

    I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house
    and four people died.

    I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

    Today I dialed a wrong number... The other person said, "Hello?" And I
    said, "Hello, could I speak to Joey?"... They said, "Uh... I don't think
    so... he's only 2 months old." I said, "I'll wait."

    That80sGuy, Aug 27, 2008