Re: If anyone has some spare time for a website check ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael Stevens, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:45:20 -0400, Charlie D
    <> wrote:

    >Michael Stevens <bigmikeatbigmikesdotorg> wrote:
    >
    >> I won't argue with people who dislike Flash. I'm not trying to convert
    >> people. But, to say "the web is about information" is ignoring an
    >> incredibly HUGE segment of the web and the possiblities that the web
    >> presents.

    >That's true.
    >I've turned flash on to visit sites that had flash games and cartoons.
    >They were fun.
    >If a moving picture gets information across in a more understandable
    >manner, fine.
    >As far as gratuitous noise and motion are concerned, phooey!
    >It's several steps worse than those who post a page of text with a
    >background of flowers. It may be attractive to the web designer. Too bad
    >you can't read it.

    I'll buy that. I don't think Flash animations are nearly as bad as a
    "background of flowers" with unreadable type across it but to each his
    own.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Michael Stevens, Jul 10, 2003