Re: iexplore

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic system maintenance:

    · Close I.E. and empty your temporary internet files from
    Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check the
    box to include offline content.

    · Clean up unnecessary files from your hard drive. HDValet
    performs this well, and is highly configurable.

    http://www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-bin/freedownload/Multi-Platform/n/105/hdvalet.zip

    · Make sure that you do not have too many files and folders in
    'My Documents'. Create new folders *outside* of 'My Documents'
    and move stuff to the new folders.

    · Clean up your registry (you MUST read the FAQs):
    Jv16 Power Tools
    http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/jv16powertools.shtml
    EasyCleaner
    http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm

    · Streamline your startups - disable what is not necessary:
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm
    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3startupprograms.htm
    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3necessary.htm

    · Reboot and immediately empty your Windows\Temp folder.

    · Empty your recycle bin.

    · Keep your system well maintained.

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:30:00 -0700, in
    <>