Re: IE7 + Vista x64 + Passwords

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Robert Aldwinckle, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. (cross-post added to 64bit Windows)
    "Frank Pedersen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > On my Vista Ultimate x64, IE7 will not store required passwords. Each time
    > I'm accessing websites that require username and password, I have to type it
    > in. I've saved the account information in Vista's network password manager,
    > but with no luck.
    >
    > Anyone?

    Is it being saved? Some sites don't allow you to use AutoComplete
    to save password data.

    See if NirSoft's PSPV works on your OS? Another tool to use
    to see what is going on is ProcMon (now being distributed via TechNet.)

    HTH

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Robert Aldwinckle, Apr 10, 2007

  2. IME, some do, some don't. Those that don't? It's how the site is configured.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 10, 2007

  3. Robert Aldwinckle

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you turned on internet options? Content/auto complete/user names and
    passwords.

    John Barnes, Apr 10, 2007