Re: IE5.5 only supported on ME

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Patrick Dunford, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Divine
    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:06:18 +1200, Gavin Tunney wrote:
    >
    > > No, IE5.5 is a Windows 95 product, no longer supported

    > Um...
    >
    > Internet Explorer is a web browser.
    >
    > Windows is, well, err... a programme/GUI that runs under MS-DOS.

    And you are a troll

    Windows is an operating system. Internet Explorer is a Windows product.
    Patrick Dunford, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford

    PseUDO Guest

    Divine wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:06:18 +1200, Gavin Tunney wrote:
    >

    >>No, IE5.5 is a Windows 95 product, no longer supported

    > Um...
    >
    > Internet Explorer is a web browser.
    >
    > Windows is, well, err... a programme/GUI that runs under MS-DOS.
    >
    > Divine

    Internet explorer is NOT a web browser.

    http://ashitaka-san.home.comcast.net/yayrant/ieharmful.html

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Patrick Dunford

    Stewy Guest

    PseUDO wrote:

    > Divine wrote:
    >> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:06:18 +1200, Gavin Tunney wrote:
    >>

    >>>No, IE5.5 is a Windows 95 product, no longer supported

    >> Um...
    >>
    >> Internet Explorer is a web browser.
    >>
    >> Windows is, well, err... a programme/GUI that runs under MS-DOS.
    >>
    >> Divine
    >>

    > Internet explorer is NOT a web browser.
    >
    > http://ashitaka-san.home.comcast.net/yayrant/ieharmful.html
    >
    > PseUDO

    I'm innovative like Micro$oft, I have now developed my own metre and
    kilogram.

    No more of these internationally agreed standards for me.
    Stewy, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Patrick Dunford

    Dave Taylor Guest

    PseUDO <> wrote in news:R23ic.3271$cY5.247092
    @news02.tsnz.net:

    > Divine wrote:
    >> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:06:18 +1200, Gavin Tunney wrote:
    >>

    >>>No, IE5.5 is a Windows 95 product, no longer supported

    >> Um...
    >>
    >> Internet Explorer is a web browser.
    >>
    >> Windows is, well, err... a programme/GUI that runs under MS-DOS.
    >>
    >> Divine
    >>

    > Internet explorer is NOT a web browser.
    >
    > http://ashitaka-san.home.comcast.net/yayrant/ieharmful.html
    >
    > PseUDO

    We should all revert to using NCSA Mosaic. I don't think so... I agree
    that Microsoft needs to look at some w3c documentation though.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Patrick Dunford

    Divine Guest

    Divine, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Patrick Dunford

    Divine Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:51:39 +1200, PseUDO wrote:

    > Internet explorer is NOT a web browser.

    LOL!

    OK so what is it?
    (that is, other than a buggy, insecure, and non-standards compliant piece
    of shite created by Micro$oft)

    Divine
    Divine, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Patrick Dunford

    PseUDO Guest

    Divine wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:51:39 +1200, PseUDO wrote:
    >

    >>Internet explorer is NOT a web browser.

    > LOL!
    >
    > OK so what is it?
    > (that is, other than a buggy, insecure, and non-standards compliant piece
    > of shite created by Micro$oft)
    >
    > Divine

    I think you summed it up quite nicely there :)

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Apr 24, 2004
  8. PseUDO
    > Divine wrote:
    > > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:06:18 +1200, Gavin Tunney wrote:
    > >

    > >>No, IE5.5 is a Windows 95 product, no longer supported

    > > Um...
    > >
    > > Internet Explorer is a web browser.
    > >
    > > Windows is, well, err... a programme/GUI that runs under MS-DOS.
    > >
    > > Divine
    > >

    > Internet explorer is NOT a web browser.

    You and Murray and all the other trolls just get a life
    Patrick Dunford, Apr 24, 2004
  9. On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:51:03 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > Windows is an operating system. Internet Explorer is a Windows product.

    Even Windows XP/2k are just gui shells on top of NT5

    Internet Exploder is a male bovine product.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Apr 24, 2004
  10. Patrick Dunford

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:51:03 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    >> Windows is an operating system. Internet Explorer is a Windows
    >> product.

    > Even Windows XP/2k are just gui shells on top of NT5
    >
    > Internet Exploder is a male bovine product.

    Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one but it doesn't mean you have
    to drag it out every chance you get.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Apr 25, 2004
  11. Patrick Dunford

    AD. Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:45:27 +0000, Dave Taylor wrote:

    > I agree that Microsoft needs to look at some w3c documentation though.

    Especially seeing that they helped write it :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Apr 26, 2004