    What (physically) you are trying to connect to with the Wireless.
    Did you check the Wireless is On.
    Installed correctly, configured to be compatible with whatever you want to
    connect to.
    Did you set IE not to use the Dialup when you want to use the Wireless?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 14, 2006

  2. Yes wireless is on and I get a notice that I am connected to the internet.
    As I mentioned, I CAN CONNECT TO Windows update and download from them. But
    I cannot surf to any other site. I use Dell laptop P4 M 1.6 512 with
    internal wireless and with all systems updated. Dialup is off. No new
    hardware or software except IE 7 has been added. I rolled back 7 to 6 and
    will try that later this week. We only have wireless at the town community
    center and I must go there to surf at higher speed. I continue to surf with
    dialup.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=, Dec 15, 2006