Re: IE saving jpegs as bmps

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by M, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. M

    M Guest

    "Beemer" <> wrote in message
    > Using IE5. What gives with MS IE? Can't they get that right? Option
    > to save pictures is BMP only and untitled. Went online to find fix.
    > None worked. Notice in forums that plenty of people have this
    > problem, even with IE5.5 and 6.
    >
    > Also, whats with the contoured colour separation look to the pictures?

    I run into this often.

    It usually seems to be pages that have been opened from links in email read
    in Outlook Express.

    Ctrl/Refresh seems to sort it out most of the time.

    Spare disk space is not an issue for me.

    IE is not the only browser which has had similar problems. There was a bug
    in Mozuilla for a whiel that always saw .txt appened to the end of filenames
    for files ending in .txt, .exe and several other extensions. Mozilla fixed
    it in a few months though. Don;t hold your breath waiting for M$ to do the
    same.

    M, Jul 18, 2003