Re: IE saving jpegs as bmps

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mainlander, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Mainlander

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Using IE5. What gives with MS IE? Can't they get that right? Option
    > to save pictures is BMP only and untitled. Went online to find fix.
    > None worked. Notice in forums that plenty of people have this
    > problem, even with IE5.5 and 6.

    It means that the disk drive with the temp folder on your PC is almost
    full. I always get this when it gets down to about 4 MB free disk space
    on C:
    Mainlander, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Thus spake Beemer:
    > >It means that the disk drive with the temp folder on your PC is almost
    > >full. I always get this when it gets down to about 4 MB free disk space
    > >on C:

    > It is set at 96 megs, deleted on start-up so 98SE recreates it fresh
    > each boot-up. Over 180megs free space on that drive.

    You *sure* it's using that drive? IE/Windows defaults to strange
    locations for temp files...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence
    Aaron Lawrence, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Mainlander

    Beemer Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:31:31 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spake Beemer:
    >> >It means that the disk drive with the temp folder on your PC is almost
    >> >full. I always get this when it gets down to about 4 MB free disk space
    >> >on C:

    >> It is set at 96 megs, deleted on start-up so 98SE recreates it fresh
    >> each boot-up. Over 180megs free space on that drive.

    >You *sure* it's using that drive? IE/Windows defaults to strange
    >locations for temp files...

    Yes, I know. I have struck that before, but I set it in the settings
    to be on a partition dedicated to internet cache and downloads only.
    It is the only Temporary Internet Files folder on the computer.
    Beemer, Jul 14, 2003