Re: IE saving jpegs as bmps

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from Beemer of Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:03 :
    > Using IE5. What gives with MS IE? Can't they get that right? Option
    > to save pictures is BMP only and untitled. Went online to find fix.
    > None worked. Notice in forums that plenty of people have this
    > problem, even with IE5.5 and 6.

    It's not a bug, it's a feature. You can choose any format you like, so long
    as it's bmp.

    > Also, whats with the contoured colour separation look to the pictures?

    Too much compression when creating the jpg?

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Peter

    Beemer Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:44:38 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >this quote is from Beemer of Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:03 :
    >> Using IE5. What gives with MS IE? Can't they get that right? Option
    >> to save pictures is BMP only and untitled. Went online to find fix.
    >> None worked. Notice in forums that plenty of people have this
    >> problem, even with IE5.5 and 6.

    >It's not a bug, it's a feature. You can choose any format you like, so long
    >as it's bmp.
    >
    >> Also, whats with the contoured colour separation look to the pictures?

    >Too much compression when creating the jpg?

    I was talking about the appearance of the picture displayed in IE,
    before saving and converting. The effect seems to be random.

    Beemer, Jul 14, 2003