Re: IE Connection Keeps defaulting to proxy!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by TeeJay1952, Oct 16, 2010.

  1. TeeJay1952

    TeeJay1952 Guest

    On 10/15/2010 5:27 PM, John wrote:
    > Does anyone know why Internet Explorer 8 on my computer keeps changing
    > the connection settings and defaulting to a proxy server?
    >
    > Every time I have started the computer and opened explorer I get "the
    > page can not be displayed" error messages.
    >
    > I have to go into Tools\ Internet Options\ Connections\ Lan Settings\
    > where I then have to untick the "use a proxy server" box each time
    > before I can then start using IE and getting different web pages up.
    >
    > Once I have unchecked it and selected "automatically detect settings"
    > I then okay it and come back to the connections tab. The Apply button
    > is blanked out however. It only gives option of "OK" or "Cancel".
    >
    > Anyone else had this issue and how do you permanently fix it so you
    > don't have to keep going through the same process every time you have
    > switched on your pc?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John
    > XP Pro (32-bit) SP3

    You have a bug that keeps changing the proxy setting. Try Malwarebytes
    anti malware:
    http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyt...22_4-10804572.html?tag=contentMain;contentAux

    Dload, update and run quick scan. Delete all entries it finds.
    Good Luck
    Tee Jay
    ps I have come across a Google Redirect Virus that required
    http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684
    to remove it.
    TeeJay1952, Oct 16, 2010