Re: Identical Pix

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wolfgang Weisselberg, Aug 16, 2012.

  1. Dudley Hanks <> wrote:
    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message

    >> Here's a copy of an image that I've tried to convert to black by looking
    >> for identical pixels, using two nearly identical pics.

    >> I've built in a bit of a cushion, but there's still a couple hundred
    >> thousand pixels that don't convert to black.

    >> Could the rogue pixels be due to noise?

    >> Appreciate any feedback you can offer.

    > Of course, it always helps to include a link (sheepish grin) ...

    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TestImg.jpg

    Looks like an edge detect image. Pixels don't get black because
    the images are slightly misaligned and that shows clearly where
    the difference gradient is steep --- i.e. edges.

    It's absolutely not noise, noise would be distributed more or
    less evenly over the (especially) darker image areas.

    Thus you need to register the images pixel-identical to each other.
    There are HDR and panorama tools that can do that --- even open
    source solutions.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Aug 16, 2012